[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you have one of those motherfuckers back in the day, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tv.jpg (24KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
24KB, 592x394px
Did you have one of those motherfuckers back in the day, /g/?

Pops was a general contractor and we found one in a house that had minor flooding damage and it was game to take. Put it in my room and it put out so much fucking heat in an enclosed space. But I still loved it.
>>
Grandparents had one of these. Best place to hide behind in hide and seek.
>>
>>58715644
These things were so awful. Some of the worst image quality I ever seen.
>>
>>58715644
Toshibai? Shit was cash too bad the bulbs died and was to expensive to replace.
>>
>>58715695

It never dawned on me how bad they were until I tried playing Red Dead Redemption on mine. Even with component video it was impossible to read any of the standard on screen text, especially on the map screen.
>>
My uncle had one. I always hated them. Picture is fuzzy and washed out and camera pans were so blurry and fucked up they could give you motion sickness. Not to mention the awful viewing angles. Why even get a big tv you can't watch in any location other than dead on?

They remind me of those really terrible early laptop screens. The ones that make tn panels look like a gift from god in comparison.
>>
na, they were an attempt to make something bigger than what was really feasable with a crt, while not as much setup as a (front) projector

can't think of an excuse to use one nowadays
>>
>>58715644
I had loads
I went through like a dozen, they were one of the cheapest ways to get a big TV back then
>>58715695
Sorry you had the shittiest ones
>>58716627
Modern games are designed for high definition screens, I really doubt you had one of the few TOTL ones that were high definition
>>58716668
You had one of the worst ones, pretty much every CRT RPTV worked decently, the cheap early DLP's with color wheels had quite some problems though
>>
>>58716888

Are you the last seller for these kind of TVs left on Earth?
>>
>>58717103
There hasn't been a point for RPTV's since hueg LCD's were launched
Even though CRT RPTV's had better blacks for quite a while
There's still a few guys servicing then though, or a single guy I believe, but most of the work he does of for old ultra high end front projectors, like the CRT Barco monsters that NASA had long ago
>>
Yea, I had a TV.
>>
>>58715644
Never had one. But they looked really cool back then, wish I had one. But I guess there's barely a reason to get one nowadays.
>>
>>58715644
These things were such shit. All my friends seemed to have one and the screen was always super dark with bad viewing angles. I don't think these would have ever sold had the internet and review sites been more widespread back then
>>
>>58717342

but muh big screens
>>
>>58715644
I did. Still have a giant entertainment unit designed for a square screen, but now it has a wide screen television in it. Looks sort of goofy.

You know you can pop out the fresnel lense on that thing and make a death ray that melts glass and metal?
>>
>>58718215

we need to ship all our old projection tvs to our troops t b h
>>
friend of mine had one
looked absolute trash

they werent very popular around here
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.