[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason not to replace my gaming desktop with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Selena47.jpg (691KB, 5651x3768px) Image search: [Google]
Selena47.jpg
691KB, 5651x3768px
Give me one good reason not to replace my gaming desktop with a quad core elitebook 8460p and eGPU setup.

>can take laptop out with me
>come home, plug it into gpu and play vidia
>>
>>58713637
Mobile quad-core is still shit compared to desktop.
>>
>>58713637
Shit screen res, trackpoint is terrible, the left/right buttons will 'stick' to the bottom on the touchpad, won't latch shut after a year, all batteries are shit, and BIOS is terrible (you can literally see your mouse move frame by frame on the bios -- 15fps refresh rate.)
>>
File: 1458421810559.jpg (120KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
1458421810559.jpg
120KB, 600x879px
>>58713637
if it werks, don't fix it. you're jus tflushing your money down the toilet if you do. btw, she blacked bro.
>>
>>58713676
>shit res screen
Won't be gaming on the built in screen and it's plenty good for office and web browsing

>trackpoint is terrible
But touchpad is good.

>left and right buttons will stick
Prove it.

>won't latch shut after a year
Now you're just being ridiculous.

>bios is 15fps refresh rate
Because I'll be spending hours casually browsing my bios, right?

>>58713673
4c8t mobile cpu is plenty performance for me.

>>58713686
I'm bored. That's why.

Also she's her own woman and can fuck who she wants, so I don't really care. Especially since I'll never meet her so there's no hope.
>>
>>58713734
>Plenty good for office and web browsing.
Now you're getting it.

>Touchpad is good
Yeah, it is. That's it though.

>left and right buttons will stick
I sold it. Basically, the rubber will get stuck underneath the body, and you have to press REALLY hard to get it out of there. It happens after a year or so of use.

>won't latch shut after a year
It won't. The springs are terrible. It doesn't really affect usability, since the hinges are strong, but it won't latch, period. You'll remember this post a year from now, since you're trying to convince yourself and you're ignoring legitimate advice from someone who's owned one for 2 years.

>bios 15fps
It's very frustrating. Have you tried moving your mouse at 15fps? Didn't think so.

Don't shit on someone who's trying to help you out, there are PLENTY of better options out there. You clearly have a preconceived notion that this is THE laptop for you -- why bother fucking posting? Are you autistic?
>>
>>58713791
Is there any fix for the buttons?

Also I legitimately don't give a shit about the bios because I'll be rarely using it, if ever.

Do you have any better recommendations that can be upgraded to a quad core?
>>
>>58713804
I have answers to all these questions, but I'm hopping off. cya
>>
>>58713815
Bye now ;)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.