[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want closed headphones because I live in close quarters now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 61J7gxN9B8L._SL1000_.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61J7gxN9B8L._SL1000_.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
I want closed headphones because I live in close quarters now, and I currently own Beyerdynamci dt990 pro 250 ohm headphones

I was thinking about buying the 770s from beyer, 80 ohm, what is the main difference between these two? more bass on the 770s? Just want to make sure this is a good idea, the 990s are fine, so I could always use them if I want to listen to classical music etc
>>
How loud do you listen to music through headphones that open backed cans would be too loud for someone in another room?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>58711388
Nobody is in my room, people just live near me and it's more of them being too loud and interrupting my listening, rather than me being too loud and them hearing my loud music
>>
>>58711323
I have these exact same headphones. They have a surprising amount of bass for semi open.

Most closed headphones will have more bass, but why 80ohm?
Do you not use an amp with your 250?

I still dont get why you want closed headphones. So you cant hear others around you? I mean I wear mine on the loud ass subway, and they are pretty good at droning out the noise, and I wear them in the office, and they are open enough so that I can hear people approach my desk.
>>
personally I think the biggest difference between the 770's and 990's is the difference between open and closed (so more bass and definition with closed, and less clarity), to me they sound really similar otherwise
Also if you have a DAC or something to drive 250ohm headphones why get 80 ohm headphones? Are you gonna be using these with a phone or something
>>
>>58711323
I also bought the 770s after using the 990s for like 3 years and must honestly say that imo the 770s sound worse. But still good.

In terms of isolation I didn't feel like the 770s would isolate that much more than the 990s
>>
>>58711388
my god you're a pussy
max fucking volume is the answer
>>
>>58711388
He doesn't want anyone to hear him watch cute girls doing cute things anime.
Understandable.
>>
>>58713580
tard
>>
I have 250ohm 770s for the office and 250ohm 990s at home. Truly it is the combo of champions. If you have the power to drive 250ohm 990s, why drop down on the 770s?
>>
>>58711323
> what is the main difference between these two?

the main difference is that closed headphones sound completely different than open headphones, and generally worse
>>
>>58711411
then IEMs might be the answer
>>
>>58711323
I own DT-990 250 ohm and DT-770 80 ohm, they are both great.
DT-770 have sligtly more bass and obviously much better isolation, that's it.
>>
>>58711411
I would still consider an open system because closed doesn't prevent you from hearing nearby talking or other non-ambient noises such as people walking. For the same price an open system is just that much better it's basically non-comparable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.