[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>75 year old grandmother needs new computer >Had a piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Blossom-twerk-final.gif (429KB, 1071x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Blossom-twerk-final.gif
429KB, 1071x1230px
>75 year old grandmother needs new computer
>Had a piece of shit Dell for 15 years until she loaded it with malware and viruses
>Has become obsessed with her iPhone
Should I cuck my wallet up and dish out for the iPad since she's already acquainted with the iOS?
Or should build her a weak PC?
Or should I just buy her an android tablet and hope she can maneuver through it?

Keep in mind, she only uses it to check her email once a month and order pills online.

I don't want to spend more than $250.
>>
>>58710054
>order pills online
she won't be able to use TOR on an ipad
>>
>>58710080
They've got scam sites that use subscription based services that administer prescriptions.
>>
>>58710054
>Or should build her a weak PC?
Stop being a cheap faggot and get her an Alienware with at least an SSD you ungrateful little shit.
>>
>>58710054
Get her an iPad. It's what she knows and likes. Seriously, when you get old you are going to be like "why do I need to learn something new to do something that is effectively the same!"
>>
>>58710054
Get her the ipad. Old people are the perfect target for tablets.
>>
>>58710161
>shit-posting on /g/

>>58710181
oy vey
>>
>>58710181
>thinking you know something when you actually don't
>>
>>58710054
Just get her an iPad. She literally can't fuck it up and she's already well acquainted with iOS. Get her anything Android and be prepared to get calls asking how to do what.
>>
>>58710054
I think you have to ask yourself "what do I do that can't be done on a tablet?" Then cross off anything the user probably won't want to do.
>>
why does she need an ipad or anything else when she can use her iphone? why would you waste your money on such things for someone who will die soon?
>>
>>58710181
>>58710184
>>58710220
>t. iToddlers
>>
>looking at prices of iPads
>around 400 dollars

It's no wonder that these kikes are operating at a market cap of almost 500 billion dollars.

>>58710338
This is actually a really great question.

I want her to think I care about her, so that when she dies, she'll leave me her shit.
>>
>>58710220
This. My mother (who's a real-estate agent) bought a cheap Atheros Android phone for my grandma's birthday, who legitimately fucked up her education and so doesn't dare to ask me for help when she has a problem.

An iPhone SE would've been much more convenient. As a FreeBSD guy it hurts me to say that, but my mother and my grandmother suffer from my mother's greed and her "buying Apple's expensive tech is a waste of money and I don't give a shit" behavior. By the way I'm the one she asks for help with a slightly threatening behavior when she needs to scan a document.
>>
>>58710357
>>installing a printer driver
>hehehe that will show them
>>
>>58710407
This was a really autistic response, but I think I know what you're getting at.
>>
>>58710440
This is cringy yes. What I'm getting at is quite clear: my grandma has no choice but using an Android phone while she would need an iPhone SE.
>>
>>58710054

iPad. Anything else will just confuse her.

You can get a model that's a generation or two behind and she'll be fine.
>>
>>58710480
I'm looking at old generations, and they're still expensive as a motherfucker. God damn.
>>
>>58710054
Just buy and Old laptop
Put linux
Is the pic related with your grandmother ? Haha
>>
>>58710537
Yes haha!

Get outside and talk to actual humans you fucking robotic nigger.
>>
>>58710525

It's true, but at least she won't come to you asking what's wrong with whatever you got her because she fucked something up doesn't know where to look.
>>
>>58710525

get a used one from ebay, gen 2... shouldn't be too expensive.

Alternitavely, wouldn't it be possible to get a cheap shit android and put some kind of ios-clone on it? does she install apps and go through the settings? If it looks like an apple, walks like an apple, quaks like an apple... well you get my point
>>
>>58710635

oh and don't forget to put the apple sticker on the back - foolproof
>>
>>58710357
I hate Apple, but I know how old people think, I repair and work with older people and technology all the time. They want just one way of doing something. After they learn something they don't want to relearn how to do it. It's easy for you because it's new and fun, but the older people get the more they just don't see any sense in it.
Even older computer scientists don't really see a reason to use the latest shit when they can do 99% of what they want to do from cli
>>
>>58710054
keep your money and just wait for the old fuck to kick the bucket?
>>
OP here
Just did it guys.

Thought about ordering it online, but I was afraid it wouldn't come in time.

Went to the Apple store and bought an "Apple iPad Air 2".
ask me anything
>>
Get her a compute stick and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Or some other htpc or sff PC.

Tablets are memes.
>>
>>58710054
Just get an android tablet, you get far more for the money

I'd suggest a Yoga, has a weak GPU, but good speakers, battery, built in metal kick stand, and 10" screen
>>
>>58712036
>tablets are memes
Being alive is a meme, but it's necessary for this situation.
>>
>>58710971
Fucking hate learning new shit. Now here me out, I'm more then willing to learn something useful but in all honesty, I keep needing to relearn the same shit over and over again because some faggot thought their way was better when really, its just different to be different.

Ill give people CLI on my router would definitely be better then a user interface that gives me gui options and parameters IF you already know what you need and what to do, but lets say I want to block the domain facebook (4chan thinks what i typed for facebook was spam) I shouldn't have to scour the web looking for how to add the domain to the firewall, right there in the gui is firewall option, right there is the block shit, but cant block domains, only ip's from the gui... for fuck sake really.

Its little shit like this that just makes life that much harder for no reason but fuck you, I want to do it this way.

not to mention every windows version since xp just changes shit for the sake of making it look new, and not that you are buying basicly the same os again with more support and under the hood features.
>>
>>58710554
>>58710390
>>58711750
Kid is le edge, but secretly alright.
>>
>>58710054
Get her a tv out, a keyboard and mouse and have her use her iphone as a computer.
>>
>>58712943
What sort of fantasy universe do you come from?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.