[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post tech things that make you cringe so badly that you recall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 0.png (131KB, 1135x559px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
131KB, 1135x559px
Post tech things that make you cringe so badly that you recall uncomfortable memories that make your head jerk, stick your tongue out and vocalize slight sound.
>>
>>58705485
>government is going to beat me half to death just to check if you downloaded some music illegally

I doubt it
>>
File: 00.png (12KB, 156x110px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
12KB, 156x110px
>>58705485
>that face when he used the alpha emoticon that sops the floor with pussy when they read.
>>
>>58705567
>mfw
My face when
>tfw
That feel when

Lurk moar newfag
>>
>>58706449
are you fucking retarded ?
>>
>>58705485
Rubber hose cryptography is defeated by simply not being able to produce your password from memory.

Alternately, duress code to destroy data. If you are the target of rubber hosing, you're probably dead/disappeared anyway, so you don't actually gain anything by giving them what they want...
>>
>>58705485
I wonder what percentage of people who push the rubber hose cryptanalysis meme also push the "torture doesn't work!" meme.
>>
>>58706752
Fuck off idiot
>>
>>58707947
Torture only works when you're torturing someone you're 100% certain has the information you're trying to obtain.
>>
>>58708230
No it doesn't. Torture works for extracting confirmable information. Where it doesn't work is in extracting information that's reliable without a confirmation step.

People will say anything to make it stop, so you can't trust what they say. But if you can check it, then it works really well.

For instance, if you think someone has stolen something and hidden it:
1) you can make him confess to stealing it, which is unreliable and worthless, or
2) you can make him tell you where he hid it, which is confirmable and valuable, and also proves he was involved in the theft.

Whether you know someone has the information you want is irrelevant.
>>
>>58705517
burgerland is heading that way
>>
>>58707080
This.
But more effective is leaving false information.
>>
>>58710122
yeah sure

torture someone until he tells you what you want to know... and what do you do if the person doesnt answer? Torture more? retard
>>
>>58705485
This is basically how it works in Britain except they just throw you into jail instead of torturing you.
>>
>>58710122
Indeed.
In a recent rape/murder case the suspect led police to where he had hidden the body. No admission of guilt.
Interestingly, the guy was spotted on several CCTV cameras following the girl about the time she disappeared. Without the CCTV there was no way the police would have known who he was.
>>
>>58710401

Yeah, the reality of this is "torture someone until he tells you the duress password that either leads to something completely innocuous or destroys the data altogether".
>>
>>58710401
Can you really not grasp the difference between someone knowing something, and you knowing they know something?

>and what do you do if the person doesnt answer? Torture more?
Of course. That's exactly how it works. You torture until you get answers. If you check the answers and they're false, you go back to torturing. That's the whole deal: you apply pain until you get what you want.

I never said it's a good thing to torture people who may not know what you're trying to get out of them, or to torture people at all. Torture is an undeniably cruel method.

However, to deny that it's generally effective at extracting confirmable information is as absurd as the opposite position that people being tortured only tell the truth.
>>
>>58710545
Duress passwords are a useful answer to rubber hose cryptanalysis, but not a perfect defense.

If they know or suspect you use a duress password, they can make you reveal your duress password(s) and your true password.

For another obvious thing, they can make a credible threat that if you give them a duress password, they will come back and do much worse things to you than what you will experience if you give them the true password.

Combining these techniques along with the use of sleep deprivation, drugs, and other interference in the target's self-control and mental clarity can cause the target to reveal the true password.

That's even if you're in a situation where trying the duress password will cause a problem for them. That's not something you can arrange in every case.
>>
>>58706449
>tfw I spent years thinking tfw was actually their face when or that face when
>>
>>58705485
>get water boarded everyday
>can't sleep for a week because they wake you every 15 minutes
>wear a mask that blocks your vision hearing all the time
If your government did this to you, would you still refuse to give them your password?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.