[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> he unironically believes that .NET coding is hand-holding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: wpf.gif (583KB, 538x363px)
wpf.gif
583KB, 538x363px
> he unironically believes that .NET coding is hand-holding for kids

Nigga, have you ever done proper Model-View-ViewModel in WPF?

But you get power in return, not those primitive GUIs stuck in 1992.
>>
Nice mobile GUIs.

No one but retards like you care.
>>
>>58704785
Disgusting.
>>
>>58704880
>>58704894

> I'm stuck in 1991
>>
>>58704880
No one uses desktops anymore, grandpa.
>>
>>58704785
>the only choices are mobile bullshit retard interfaces or Windows 95 UIs
>>
>>58704909
>>58704901
>>58704785
>can only use the same ad hominem over and over without providing any actual support for why everyone should kneel before your mighty internet opinion
>>
>>58704939

> burr durr it's not a gui stuck in 1991 therefore it's shit

you are truly stupid. What linux has is a knock-off

Where windows was, linux is now decades after.
>>
>>58704949

> he uses the term "ad hominem" while screeching all day long about microsoft and pajeets

are you talking to the mirror anon?
>>
>>58704964
linux is a kernel, you mean GNU/Linux
>>
>>58704785
>he unironically uses the word "coding" instead of "programming"
>>
>>58704976
>nobody in this thread has screeched or mentioned Indians in any capacity except you

>more ad hominem

>you can't support your position at all and resort to 2nd grade level discourse right up there with "I'm rubber and you're glue"

You couldn't form a coherent argument if your life depended on it. Just give up.
>>
>>58705041

you are stupid. you don't even know what those words mean. you could have said strawman in that case for example, not ad hominem.

but I was right anyway. I was referring to the collective anons. They break our balls all day long about "pajeets" as if it means squat.
>>
>>58705041
>trying to argue with sub 60 IQ apes.
Just let it go anon, this retard has to shill because that's the only thing he can do to eat.
>>
File: 1461577700155.png (10KB, 151x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461577700155.png
10KB, 151x200px
good thread boys
>>
I have, in fact my main job is WPF development at this moment.

I use MVVM, but without a framework
>>
>>58705065
>our

There it is. Who is "our"? Who is this "us" that is not part of this community and feels nothing but hatred for its members but also feels compelled to demand we change our views based on pathetic shaming tactics and gradeschool level bullying approaches? Unless you have some ulterior motive for remaining here, why don't you simply leave?
>>
>>58705139
>implying paid shills will leave voluntarily
>>
>>58704909
Because Windows is now a mobile OS?
>>
>>58704785
WPF fucking sucks for MVVM. If you try to do anything slightly outside of the limits that the WPF devs place upon you, you enter a rabbit hole deeper than the Mariana Trench.
>>
>>58705384

To be perfectly honest, I think the community is stupid, not Microsoft.

For example, I hated they they suggest on forums to use Events to make a popup window talk to a main window, because it's such a complicated thing to do for something so fuck simple.

..It turns out you could just call the MainWindow and everything it can use just directly into the popup window's code. ...Total autism not doing it that way and setting up a pipeline.
>>
>>58705442
>what are gui threads
>>
>>58705442
>>58705455

Sometimes it's not that the community is stupid but the answers are smarter than they need be. Sure, you could set up events for a crisp communication of windows in some cases. But when a user needs the basic toolset, don't put him into the homework of going next town via China.
>>
Is there a book for cross platform GUI development? The toolkits discussed in it don't have to be cross platform, just how to write portable gui programs that will utilize the native UI toolkit of the platform or have its own toolkit.
>>
>>58705629

It's mainly about the library you are using. I find WPF fucking amazing and it would be great if it were cross platform. Microsoft did Open Source .NET recently, but I don't see them open sourcing the whole library set yet.
>>
I use WPF (mvvm) on a project at work. It's ok (really) and I'd use it for personal projects too if it wasn't DEAD.

Even my company got the memo and switched to xamarin/uwp/etc. for the newer projects. It's laughably bad in comparison but all the effort at MS goes into this crap it seems. too bad.
>>
>>58705699

It's meme that it's dead though. It's what Microsoft considers the main development framework for Windows 10, Visual Studio itself is made on it and basically everything heavy they do on the desktop.

The only reason to have the rumor of death is the Windows Desktop itself not being exactly what people what to be restricted, which has nothing to do with the framework in isolation.

Microsoft did open source .NET recently and it would be amazing to see WPF be open source and cross platform but I don't see them doing it any time soon.
>>
>>58705684
dotNET Core != dotNet cross-plattform.
Its is a subset of dotNet, less features but runs cross-platform.
>>
>>58705855

Yeah I know. It's sad that it's not fully cross platform. Microsoft made an amazing library with WPF and it's sad seeing it restricted on Windows.

But oh well, it's not like most people care about anything else.

Whenever I try linux I feel trapped into no-software land.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.