[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 8GB DRR3 RAM, I want to upgrade to 16GB but is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: HTtfNmphrFmrSR4zaNfdGE-970-80.jpg (57KB, 970x514px) Image search: [Google]
HTtfNmphrFmrSR4zaNfdGE-970-80.jpg
57KB, 970x514px
I have 8GB DRR3 RAM, I want to upgrade to 16GB but is it worth putting the money aside and upgrading to DDR4 (and compatible motherboard) instead?
>>
>>58691729
Yes goy, get ready for your big cuckgrade.
>>
if you got old shit processor yes
>>
>>58691729
Provide 1 (one) good reason why anybody would ever need more than 4GB.
>>
>>58691729
Yes upgrade to Ryzen
>>
>>58691729
If you are using a high end Haswell Machine, get the 16gb kit.

Upgrades are a meme unless you are using potato processors.
>>
>>58692258
****High End Haswell or any DDR3 supported architecture from jewTel or AyyyyMD
>>
>>58691832
That's not the proper use of the word cuck, you nigger, and there's an English translation for "goy", which is "gentile". Fuck off, you gentile prick.

>>58691729
Don't bother.
>>
>>58691919
when they have things to do and are not you
>>
>>58691729

Might as well just upgrade the processor if you're thinking of buying a motherboard for DDR4.

Pretty fucking pointless to prioritize RAM over everything else.
>>
>>58692576
unless you're capped @ the ram

/g/ is actually worse than /b/ at planning and recommending upgrades. What is you bottleneck? what will you be doing the next 6 months to a year with your compy? upgrade that shit. not hitting perf cap? don't upgrade.
>>
>>58691729
DDR4 is only a minor upgrade from DDR3, and most processors have only been minor improvements for the last several years (e.g., 7700k vs. a 4c Broadwell or even Haswell).

The only meaningful upgrade is to go to a 6c+ CPU like a 6800k or maybe ryzen, at which point you might as well dump in a ton of RAM.

If you're too poor to afford an entire system upgrade, just throw in a pair of the cheapest 8GB DDR3 DIMMs (or 4*4GB) you can manage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.