[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cousin bought a quadcore gaming laptop and he paid 200 dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1485589804849.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485589804849.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
My cousin bought a quadcore gaming laptop and he paid 200 dollars for the tech guys to unlock the other 2 cores .... is he retarded?
>>
Yes, but it's quite common in this world to pay too much money/get scammed once one reaches the limits of their competence.

Next time you pay for something in a service industry, take a sec to find out how much it would have cost you "DIY." You'll often feel quite retarded for paying the premium out of ignorance.
>>
>>58690858

List all the system specs (ALL of them, including laptop brand/model) and his total investment for those specs. Also, games he plays on it.

If it was cost effective for his needs, what's your butthurt all about?

I tend to agree that $200 for someone to unlock extra cores is a bit steep, but you didn't mention anything about what was involved to do that. If it was a time-consuming ballbuster to do that, it could be reasonable if the total system cost vs. specs pan out.

What exactly is it with childish little fucks like you and shitposting up the board without providing any fucking context? Doesn't /pol/ pay enough attention to you?
>>
>>58690858
>My cousin
>>
>>58690858
Why the fuck were the cores locked in the first place?
>>
>laptop
>locked cores
wat
The last processors I know of that had anything that could be unlocked were the Phenom II's.
>>
>buy 2core HT laptop
>pay jews $200 to enable HT in BIOS
>>
>>58692853
*Christians
>>
>>58692853
This, you(r) cousin seem(s) to be an absolute retard for shelving out 200 dollars for a bios setting.
>>
>>58690938
there is no need for contex, this was a scam no diferent from the 3.5gb
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.