[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you come up with a username that's unique enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

How do you come up with a username that's unique enough and not cringe worthy or retarded /g/?
>>
>>58686083
[email protected]
>>
>>58686083
You create your email back in 1994 where it could still be a simple, common word.
>>
>>58686083
randomly generate, as long and complex of a string as is allowed. your password manager (you ARE using a password manager in 2017, right?) will just let you copy+paste so you don't have to worry about it being too difficult to type or remember.
>>
>>58686225
He's talking about username friendo
>>
>>58686236

You can use your password manager to create usernames too. Just generate a password, copy it into the username field, and generate a password again

>>58686225

I thought I was the only one autistic enough to do this.
>>
>>58686236
so am I.
[email protected] is a good one, for example
>>
>>58686083
I've been using the same one for fifteen years. It's an obscure made-up word from a relatively-obscure video game, so I haven't had many cases where it's taken.
>>
>>58686256
Tell that to your friends.
>>
>>58686225
>oh, you're on X too? whats your username bro?
>yeah, it's zrM7wkjqSPYQYG8m
>>
>>58686291
>>58686304
don't ever email normies, they don't practice secure encryption on their end
>>
>>58686083
Backwards words and anagrams.
6 to 12 digit numbers. It's like giving someone a phone number.
Words and names with the vowels removed.
Short random strings of letters.
>>
>>58686287
>>58686083
I made my username back in 1995, its a word I made up from 3 existing short words, has 8 characters, 3 syllables, no numbers, and it rolls off the tongue easily.
Its a verb, a preposition, and a verb. Its abbreviation is fairly aesthetic too.
If you Google it there are 1,250 results of which 98% are mine, the other two are some asscunt using it for their League of Legends account, and some German kid on Steam. Both games that I never played, and in both instances each word has separate capitalization.
Its very unique, and to this day I still use it to create any new accounts, and I never had it say it was taken.
>>
I am very bad at coming up with usernames, I have used so many different ones over the years.
Need to find a way to come up with good usernames, maybe something unique that I can use.
>>
>>58686459
Mash random words together

Tildameswan
Jayfiddlebegger
Hamorbone
Timetwodie
Softsevenme
>>
>>58686083
Bill
>>
>>58686499
What type of combinations do you usually go for? Just completely random shit?

>Jayfiddlebegger
LIke this one.
>>
>>58686516
Just keep mashing random, short words together till you find something that is aesthetically pleasing, and one that sounds nice.

I came up with those just looking at random objects around me. Its not that hard, took me all of 2 minutes.

I personally like Hamorbone. Its Ham Or Bone.
Looks good, relatively short, pronounces well, but might be common enough to be taken.

You can try a random word generator, set it to 4 characters, and just go at it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.