[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try cleaning up/reorganizing bookmarks list I've nurturing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 21.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>try cleaning up/reorganizing bookmarks list I've nurturing since like 2005
>over half the links are dead now
Why do websites die, /g/?
>>
maintaining a website is attention seeking by its nature
>>
>>58684573
nonprofit was a mistake
>>
>>58684573
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>58684745
I'm touching myself right now!
>>
File: patrick tells story.jpg (20KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
patrick tells story.jpg
20KB, 450x337px
>>58684573
Listen Buddy
When websites get old they go into the "new World" a world full of flowers and babycats. The only way for us humans to get there is to die.
Do you want to die buddy ?
>>
Hosting costs, site reorginisations to be modern, domain costs and domain highjacking.
>>
>>58684573
The web is not forever.

Everyone seems to have this delusion that the "internets are forever". Well, they are only forever as long as the goddamn server is up and running.

If you really value something - if there's some tidbit of information, or something you really like - you're gonna want to archive it.

People wonder why I print certain news articles. Well, ever try to go back and read an old article on a website? Ever wonder how you can prove something really happened when the history of it is removed? A PDF dump solves that...with the URL and datestamp. Print-to-PDF means those articles really don't die...

Same goes for other sites. Use wget to archive the shit out of them and zip them up; when they die, you still have the copy.
>>
>>58684573
INTERNET ARCHIVE
N
T
E
R
E
T

A
R
C
H
I
V
E

https://archive.org/index.php
>>
>>58684573
>youtube bookmarks
>over 3/4 the links are dead now
WELP
>>
because stuff
>>
>>58685173
What if the owner requested archive.org not to archive their now-defunct website?
>>
How the fuck do I prune my thousands and thousands of bookmarks

Every time I clear some, they get replaced soon
>>
>>58684776
>Do you want to die buddy ?
Of course, however getting a gun over here is a hassle and i don't know if there's a suicide method that works 100% of the time.
>>
According to /g/ only websites that sell things are supposed to survive.
>>
>>58689061
Even Guns don't kill 100% of the time.
>>
>>58684573
because they didn't use IPFS
>>
>>58684811
do you really need to explain to someone why you save something you want to keep?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.