[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start a budget oriented tech YouTube channel. For instance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 201503091.jpg (325KB, 907x823px) Image search: [Google]
201503091.jpg
325KB, 907x823px
I want to start a budget oriented tech YouTube channel. For instance, my first few videos would be 4Gb vs 8GB of RAM how well an RX480, and how to OC a 60Hz monitor.

As far as editing style, what kind should I go for?
>>
>>58682718
why don't you do something novel and pragmatic and produce text instead of shitty videos?
>>
Jump cuts every few seconds, with a really loud flashy intro
>>
>>58682895

This and try to be as quirky and obnoxious as possible. You will be extremely successful, trust me.
>>
>>58682860
What platform would I use?
>>
>>58682983
A VPS and the HTTP server of your choice
>>
Don't bother op unless you truly truly want to do it. In all honesty there's tons of smaller budget oriented channels already. All of them having anywhere between tens of thousands to some having over 150k.
Tech (Yes) City is probably the most successful one among the group. YT is pretty dam saturated in the tech field. So if your goal is anything but doing specific tech related/budget related stuff for fun then don't bother. Funny thing is most people tend to do the same topic related videos at some point too...for example, how RAM usage affects games etc etc. It's been done tons of times already.
>>
>>58683151
I understand. However, during building my last PC there were a lot of videos that never showed a wide variety of games, or just used stupid ways of benchmarking. And as for the 4Gb vs 8GB, I couldn't really find anything besides one moronic video.

And for the 4k benchmarks. I would use common sense settings. All 4k benchmarks have AA on highest which kills bandwidth and doesn't really affect image quality. Instead of just saying the 480 can't handle 4k, I would propose what you need to sacrifice to get 4k.

Another thing I would want to do differently is standard deviations in framerates and framerates. Gamers Nexus is the only place that properly knows how to crunch the numbers, but they focus on high end stuff usually.

Ultimately I would just like to generate enough ad revenue to buy budget/outdated cards. Like the 7970, 770, etc and test them extensively to see how good you can get for price vs performance (actual performance, not fps).
>>
>>58683353
Sounds like a channel called randomgaminginhd.

Anyway, I won't allow you to do it unless you can recommend me a gpu for under 200 that can play games maxed out these days.
>>
>>58683437
I'll check him out.

And I don't think you can go wrong with a 470, but you can sometimes find a cheap 480 4gb under $200.
>>
>>58682718
unless you have an impressiv set of tits it wont be worth your time to make a channel the whole yt train has left the station a long while ago
>>
>>58683499
What if r9 390s were going for under 200 right now? Would you choose that over the 470 or the 480?

I need to do a budget build for someone for 400 bucks. I'm gonna tell them to increase it to 500. If they can't I'm just thinking about an r9 380 for 120-130 bucks and putting more into the cpu. I'm so conflicted desu.
>>
>>58683570
If you have the PSU and cooling, I guess. I'd avoid the 380, go with the 280X/7970, they are faster in newer games.
>>
>>58683533
ie. Lauren @ Tastypctv
>>
>>58683622
380 is stronger than a 280x anon....
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.