[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I play 6-12h a day for the next 3-4 years on Laptops like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Unbenannt.png (176KB, 966x951px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
176KB, 966x951px
Can I play 6-12h a day for the next 3-4 years on Laptops like those?
I want to replace my desktop.

Which of those would you choose?
>>
>>58680443
gentoo
>>
>muh videogames

literally children
>>
Build a desktop PC for gaming and get a cheap laptop for your mobile needs.

Most products focused on gamers are overpriced. (e.g. black and red colour scheme, rgb leds)
>>
Fuck all of them, Alienware 13 by a long shot
>>
>>58680675
I enjoy my AW13 though the looks are offputting, I just keep the LED's off or pure light blue. Mostly it's just the only laptop I could find that had an entry-level discrete GPU for light-mid gaming but was also usable as a general purpose portable machine and had a good non-chiclet keyboard
>>
>>58680443
buy proper gaming PC with no gamer hardware but sensible stuff - cheaper if oced faster

spend 300 on a 2nd hand elitebook as they have better hardware for the price compared to thinkshits

done
>>
does nobody have long-time-experience in heavy use of machines like those?

do they survive heavy gaming every day?
>>
When buying a laptop, you should only buy from Dell/Alienware or Apple
>>
>>58680876
I'll give you a wrap up:
For two years it will be fine.
Two years down the line you will want to kill yourself because the 1060 won't run the games you'll want to play at acceptable settings anymore.
Another year later the whole system will fail due to the cooling system running at 100% all those hours and finally breaking down.
You will then realize the error of your ways.
>>
Asus one
>>
>>58680443
most likely no.
I have a friend who will play shit at sub 10 fps because he is just use to it so when he went to 60 with a gpu upgrade it was amazing for him, but with these laptops

starcitizen says it will weigh 100gb, first laptop wont even hold the game, and I honestly assume they are going to get bigger and bigger, with 4k, if a dev pushes it hard, you could see a game fit on a bluray on a console but be several hundred gb on the pc just due to textures alone. not to mention shit devs who dont compress audio.

games already use more then 8gb of ram so 2 options are dead as they stand, hell, shadow warrior 2 uses upwards 7.5gb at times because it sees I have 16gb of ram and background processes be damned,

cpu wise, possibly good to go, for that time period

so main thing

to little storage
barely enough ram for today's games, not to mention bloat monsters of tomorrow,
good enough gpus, not great, and mobile versions so they are cooled worse
cpus that are im assuming half as powerful as a desktop... looked it up, at stock they are 2/3 the power of the desktop version, the I5 is FAR under par

look, get a desktop for power, get a laptop for mobile, don't compromise.
>>
>>58680443
>I want to replace my desktop
Get a dell/alienware, fuck assus
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.