[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> mount the system > install the base system > do it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Arch Lunix.png (27KB, 471x389px) Image search: [Google]
Arch Lunix.png
27KB, 471x389px
> mount the system
> install the base system
> do it all manually

Is arch linux the new "install gentoo"? How can someone possibly be such a sperg to believe we even need ever a distribution like that? I hope they are memesters.

This isn't the time for half-arsed jobs. Nobody is going to need to install each linux system manually. It's not EducateMeOnHowToMaintainanOS OS, it's an OS.
>>
>>58680266

>I am unable to enter 8 commands
Holy fuck, they keep making the install simpler and simpler and yet people still complain.

>muh gui
I really hope you don't use a distro without knowing how to use a shell
>>
>>58680266
It's for people with no jobs.
>>
>>58680266
Arch is designed to be easy for the devs to maintain, not to be easy to install. Their whole thing is to do the least amount of work possible for the best distro possible. Install Antergos, it's basically Arch that some other devs decided to make user friendly which works out really well because they don't have to worry about all the heavy lifting with maintaining the base system.
>>
>>58680383

I don't complain you autistic sperg. I have installed both gentoo and Linux from Fucking Scratch in the past. I *SAY* it's completely autistic to expect a Linux "distro" should be that autistically Lazy by their developers if you want to be popularized.

This is purely another "Educate yourself on how to make your own Distro" Distro.

Into the trash.
>>
>>58680433
>easy for the devs to maintain

Exactly. Another "I'm lazy to dev it, let's pretend that I'm amazing in "giving a chance to the user"". Those people should be shamed.
>>
>>58680486
Doesn't matter if that makes them lazy, they're not getting paid to maintain the distro. I actually don't mind if all they care about is the base system since other teams stepped up to the plate to make it user friendly and the base is system is actually pretty amazing since that's what the Arch devs focus on entirely. It's a very UNIX-like way of doing things.
>>
Just pick one of the following and be done with it.
>Debian
>Ubuntu
>Fedora
>OpenSUSE
>>
Arch is for faggots, real men use gentoo.
>>
>>58680468

who said arch wants to be popularized?
>>
>>58680468
Oh fucking yay, you installed Gentoo and LFS. Gentoo is only worth it if you wanna waste your time compiling and optimizing flags, and LFS is completely pointless unless you want to learn a bit about how it's put together, so congrats on nothing.

You don't install it daily either, so it's not even a problem for anyone, and if it is, there's indeed Antergos.
I'd rather have the devs fixing up stuff and patching than spending their time creating an UI for something I'll use maybe once a year. And again, the UI is already there, it's called Antergos.

>b-but the devs are lazy
Why the fuck do you even consider this a valid reason? Somebody made an UI, but obviously it isn't necessary for the distro to work, so it isn't included in Arch. And since it's used for installing it's not just something you can install later, you need it right when you boot up. Again -> Antergos.
If you call them lazy for not working on a booting UI you might as well call them lazy for not working on <insert package name here>.
>>
I don't care about GUI but why can't the retards create a guided installer? Like, manually setting your keyboard layout is completely fucking retarded, I mean seriously, what's the fucking point? Arch is based on the KISS-principle which means "Keep it simple, stupid" but all they manage to do it to "keep it stupid". Fuck Arch.
>>
>>58680816

You are an autistic sperg. UIs are extremely useful. Not wasting time installing is extremely useful.
>>
>>58680962
https://antergos.com/

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves?
>>
>>58680816
Gentoo is not worthless you slime. #3 most popular distro of 2002 and some of the best package documentation the Linux community as a whole has ever had is NOT worthless.

You are the kind of person who uses a computer and has NO IDEA the amount of pain and suffering someone else had to do to make it "just werk". LFS teaches you that hardship and Gentoo is close to LFS but without the "your the only one of your kind" kind of bullshit.
>>
>>58680266
I can tell you have never actually installed gentoo. Therefore, let me give you a piece of advice, kid:
install gentoo
>>
File: 1iherl.jpg (46KB, 552x367px) Image search: [Google]
1iherl.jpg
46KB, 552x367px
>>58681065
Pulling back a bit as I realize that was a bit harsh.
>2002
Yes its old

OP proved a point to me today. OP Said that arch is becoming the new "install gentoo" and that is exactly what is happening. The distro popularity and the AUR. The Arch developers are just to naive to realize they are following the same route gentoo did. Large user base and lots of documentation. Its only a matter of time...
>>
>>58681053
That's a separate distro you idiot
>>
>>58680540
>use systemshit for literally everything
>very unix like
please educate yourself
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>58681264
>the current state of /g/
>>
>>58680266
arch is nice, i suggest using a simple distro like ubuntu for a couple months, fixing at least 3 "what the fuck, why doesnt this work" problems before trying arch. once you spend a day getting arch installed and getting your wifi working youve pretty much experienced everything arch has to offer and you can promptly install a real OS like debian
>>
>>58680266
hardest part for me has benn the post install. im a fucking retard and don't know how to boot into i3 with a dm
>>
>>58681264
Antergos is Arch with an installer, "you idiot".
>>
>>58681516
It's still a separate distro just how Ubuntu isn't Debian
>>
>>58681534
It's still mostly Arch - more than you seem to think. Go educate yourself, or GTFO.
>>
>>58681564
Yeah and Ubuntu is "mostly Debian" but it's still a different distro. It seems YOU are the one who should go educate yourself.
>>
>>58681534

It's a separate distro as ${DE}buntu isn't Ubuntu.
>>
File: n.jpg (244KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
244KB, 640x640px
>>58680816
>so congrats on nothing.
Go be stupid somewhere else.
>>
File: 1479226439475.jpg (7KB, 308x163px) Image search: [Google]
1479226439475.jpg
7KB, 308x163px
>>58681626
No. Antergos just installs a re-branded arch.

What you get with Antergos is an installer for a rebranded Arch Linux - and a few things chopped in.

Now, Debian and Ubuntu, well, they're alot more different than Antergos and Arch are.

Fucking educate yourself, and also read this, which explains the differences between Debian and Ubuntu:
http://www.datamation.com/open-source/debian-vs-ubuntu-which-is-best-for-you-1.html
You can quite clearly see that they are very different, whilst Arch and Antergos are extremely similar.
>>
> mount ur mom
> install the base of my dick system in ur mom
> do it all manually
>>
>>58680266
You do realize that arch-anywhere exists, right?
>>
>>58681780
He probably thinks it's a separate distro
>>
>>58681149
What route did gentoo follow?
>>
>>58681714
>annually
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.