[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of Vivaldi? I'm sick of Firefox's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (61KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
61KB, 2560x1440px
What does /g/ think of Vivaldi? I'm sick of Firefox's shit and trying to find a new browser.
>>
>>58678953
Im using it.
Since the day it went open source.
Love it. Quite customizable, at leaat for my tastes
>>
>>58678953
It's a Chromium wrapper with a web app inside of it that has a browser inside of that. It's multiple levels of webshit and sucks battery on laptops.
>>
>>58678975
Vivaldi's open source? I didn't know that.
It just got that much more interesting for me.
>>
>>58678953
using it on my windows box and it's a little unresponsive but it got native support for tabs on left/right side. theming is cool but who cares. i dont really like it but it's comfy.

>>58678975
it's open source now?
>>
>>58678953
Get ungoogled-chromium
>>
Oh great, the Vivaldi shills are back...
>>
>>58679001
iirc the source code is available to view but it's not under an open source autism friendly license
>>
>>58679026
but by using ungoogled-chromium you indirectly support google
>>
it's a fucking mess, one on the worst browsers on the market
>>
I'm using it. It's fine. The best thing about it is it's side tabs option.
>>
uMatrix has been kinda buggy with it lately
>>
>>58678953

>2017
>flat design with shadow

this was hot in 2014, not anymore.
>>
>>58680431
This. I cannot scroll in it anymore for some reason.
>>
>proprietary
>proprietary WEB BROWSER

Take a moment to think about how scary this is. Both Firefox and Chromium are free software. They are the most popular browsers. Now something pops up to compete and it's proprietary... It is NOT safe.
>>
>>58679057
how so?
>>
what is the most efficient browser for windows? palemoon kind of sucks imo.
>>
>>58680541
firefox nightly
>>
>>58679040
The source code is available to review, improve, and suggest changes to the devs for. Therefore, it's open source. The license being proprietary only means that it's not Free Software.

Sorry for being a pedant, but the nuances of the terms seem relevant to this discussion.
>>
>>58680574
Firefox nightly somehow makes lichess lag for me for some reason
>>
>>58678953
it's a great browser, i'm using it for some time and it's way faster than firefox and even chromium.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>58680921
cringe
>>
It's pretty good
Problems I've noticed:

Youtube videos (HTML5 playback, more specifically) will gradually desync frames and audio. Happens over the course of about 5 minutes.
Moving tabs to new windows still has a lot of lag to it.
>>
File: shithappens.png (997KB, 627x597px) Image search: [Google]
shithappens.png
997KB, 627x597px
>>58680574
Switched from Nightly to Vivaldi some weeks ago since Nightly was slow as all fuck.

Some issues here and there, pages freezing and some minor loading issues but still it's nothing compared to the problems I had with nightly

Give it a try, kill it with fire if it doesn't suit your taste.
>>
>>58678953
I'm probably going to switch over completely to Vivaldi once there is an extension like "Save Image In Folder" available for it.

I've liked Vivaldi for a while now.
>>
Waiting for tree style tab like the firefox addon so i can fuck off this fucking panda.
>>
>>58678953
It's pretty nice.
>>
>>58681835
I don't have that video problem on any of my machines and OS.

>captcha : close close
>>
File: just firefox my browser up.png (143KB, 1276x920px) Image search: [Google]
just firefox my browser up.png
143KB, 1276x920px
>Tab groups updates
>See this

I'm sad, but at the same time glad as it just speeds up firefoxs death. Hopefully these people will switch to a fork of firefox or something and continue development of their addons there.
>>
File: Untitled.png (29KB, 1049x190px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29KB, 1049x190px
Is there a way to reduce the address and tab bar size? This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>58678953
It's designed specifically for faggot autists who never close tabs and have like 200 tabs open at a time. If you're not one of those people, there will be a better browser for your personal tastes.

>tfw tried Lynx recently and it was B A S E D
>>
>>58683342
fuckin a

hoping we see some forks for the tab groups extension soon
>>
>>58683342
>fork of firefox or something and continue development of their addons there.
Only Pale moon will keep supporting XUL (so far)

>>58679011
>>58679001
Since release https://vivaldi.com/source/
/g/ bitches 'cuz aint FOSS/FLOSS
>>
>>58680532
By not using a competitor. Keep firefox installed folks.
>>
>>58681894
>Chrome allows saving files only within the configured downloads location. All the configured directories will go under the downloads location of Chrome. E.g. directory `Nature` will become `/Users/name/Downloads/Nature` when `/Users/name/Downloads` is the configured download location in Chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-router/pkimacjjcahflldkhofmdjlelllacbil
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.