[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /g/ seem to have problems with Windows, an OS that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1465586526589.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465586526589.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Why does /g/ seem to have problems with Windows, an OS that they routinely say is for children and people who know nothing about computers?

I've used Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 flawlessly and have run into minimal issues with all three. I might've crashed three times in my 7 years of using all three versions.

Why does /g/ struggle with Windows? It's supposed to be easy. It's literally the easiest OS I've used in my life. Even Windows 10 is so simple after a little tweaking.

>Turn off automatic device driver updates
>Turn off all the privacy options
>Turn off all the apps that want to use my mic/webcam
>Disable GameDVR in the registry

It's not hard. >INB4 "Y-Yeah but, i-it still sends information back to Microsoft!". Who gives a h*ck? Your Google phone does too.

It seems like /g/ can't do anything with computers unless they're copying and pasting answers from Google into their terminals.
>>
File: 1482004902378.png (862KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482004902378.png
862KB, 750x1000px
>>58677127
Everything is botnet
Might as well fill it with animu
>>
its not as good as macOS (。>﹏<。)
>>
File: 1480294357747.png (228KB, 399x426px) Image search: [Google]
1480294357747.png
228KB, 399x426px
someone who has been conditioned to use highly efficient interfaces might have trouble when it comes to using interfaces that were designed for children and the simple-minded
>>
File: Sikh_Honey_2.jpg (54KB, 652x618px) Image search: [Google]
Sikh_Honey_2.jpg
54KB, 652x618px
>>58677127
Pajeet general?

Pajeet general.

Post your favorite Pajeets
>>
>>58677186
Flawless.
>>
File: 1485063667842.jpg (85KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485063667842.jpg
85KB, 1024x1024px
>Turn off... privacy options
yeah um no thanks kek
>>
File: images(15).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images(15).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>58677186
THICCC
>>
>>58677204
its called ricing, you freetard
>>
>>58677127
/g/ as the rest of 4chan is full of contrarian hipsters that will hate anything thats popular.
>But its about muh freedoms and muh privacy!
You have been like this since forever, you could disable all telemerty on 7 and people still bash it in favor of muh special unique distros.
>>
>>58677127
>Who gives a h*ck? Your Google phone does too.
ayyy, they never fail to use the good ol' 'b-but company x is doing it too' ""argument"".

gg pajeet, wp ez
>>
Install Solus
>>
>>58677127
Windows 10 is actually stable? All I hear are instabilities. As for telemetry... I don't use a phone for the exact reason you mentioned.
>>
Because:

1. People initially overestimate how difficult a basic working default install of Linux is. They then try it for the first time, shit themselves with surprise, and decide that they weren't wrong about how hard it is, but rather that they're some kind of super-tech-genius that figured out what nobody else could figure out (namely how to install something that was designed to be easy to install with no prior knowledge of the system)

2. /g/ has a lot of retardo self-built hardware and configurations. They love to fuck with CAS latency and rice things out. They love to pirate commercial operating systems from dodgy sources. Then when the slightest thing goes wrong, even though it's their fault, they go ballistic because the problem couldn't possibly be me.

3. /g/ (and 4chan in general) has a lot of shut-in NEET types who have minimal social interaction with anyone competently employed, let alone competently employed in the tech sector. They therefore have a fantasy that anyone who has a technical occupation must look something like a movie hacker hybridized with their own self image (lonely NEET shut-in who uses a default linux install where pretty much just the browser works, and all the stuff that doesn't work "you don't need that anyway")

It pretty much boils down to narcissism and ignorance
>>
>>58677243
You have no idea why someone would want to use linux?
>>
>>58677286
The only reason to use linux is to post screenshots of your screenfetch output on /g/
>>
>>58677286
I'm not saying that, obviously it has it's uses, I'm just saying that acting like Windows is the worst thing ever and only used by retarded kids is stupid.
>>
>>58677310
Hmmm so you don't like when other people act like you?
>>
>>58677310
You're right.
Stop taking it seriously, and stop making threads about shitty /g/ memes
>>
>>58677346
How is asking why people hate X the same as hating X?
>>
dear pajeet shills

dont use anzu in your shill threads, she is sacred, you will only anger us

anzu is not for shilling, she is a pure porcelain maiden
>>
>>58677284
/thread
>>
>>58677286
>linux
because it's free
>>
>Why does /g/ seem to have problems with Windows

Because it's a piece of shit, like Microshit itself.

t. windows desktop support cuck
>>
>>58677659
But Windows is free as in beer also
>>
>>58677918
No it isn't.
>>
>>58677127
i dont have any problems with it as long as it is not installed on my devices.
>>
Windows works, but each iteration of it is designed to take away user control and dumb people down to the point of "oooh click blue rectangle". It's a tool of the NWO. It has privacy issues and is bloated.

It's good for compatibility, i.e. you can download billions of applications and most of them work flawlessly and a lot of home users are gamers.

Linux is the opposite, it's barebones and fast and good for users, except it's long-winded, a pain to install and use and even seasoned computer scientists often fail to install mainstream distributions of it because of how retarded some of it is. Like you can install it properly and it appears to be set up, and then you run a command and it tells you that it isn't installed and you have to google countless hours for solutions to the most simple problems that Windows doesn't have or overcomes so easily.

Linux's problem is a lack of centralization and co-operation. It's good that everyone can fork it as they want to and customize their builds but it really needs a central authority to lay out guidelines and force people to co-operate or lose their linux certificate. Everyone should pick a distro to work on, and go from there. No more deb/rpm packaging, just use debian based distro as a base since it's the most used and then the central authority should host a large repository that is simple to access and standardized so that everyone can submit their packages to it for testers to certify so that it has 100% compatibility for every official linux distro. No one currently has any incentive to work on someone else's platform, they only care about their own brand name distro. Instead of small groups of people begging for donations for their own little variation of the whole, linux could get a decent amount of funding to a centralized body whose job it is to make linux work like Windows and not give people headaches.
>>
not taking the bait
>>
>>58677127
I love my wife anzu!
>>
>>58677284
>They love to pirate commercial operating systems from dodgy sources.
>>
File: 1484940503313.png (237KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1484940503313.png
237KB, 2560x1440px
>>58677127
Lol, idiot shill. Use 7 or switch to Linux. The only reasonable choices.
>>
>>58677284
/thread
>>
>>58677127
>Linux crashes
>Collective hivemind of /g/ - "I-It's your fault! You can't use a computer!"

>Windows crashes
>Collective hivemind of /g/ - "W-Windows is a bad OS, use Linux or OSX like a good shabbos goy!"

wew
>>
>>58677127
> https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms11-071
> Remote Code Execution with FUCKING .txt Files
>>
>>58677127
>Not using Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>>58679253
That's mostly true tho
>>
>>58677127
> >INB4 "Y-Yeah but, i-it still sends information back to Microsoft!". Who gives a h*ck? Your Google phone does too.

Use CM, you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.