[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with technologically retarded people? Especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock_punch_screen.jpg (153KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_punch_screen.jpg
153KB, 1200x794px
How do you deal with technologically retarded people?
Especially people that refuse to sit and learn 2 basic things, like how a new TV remote works?
Especially people that you know are not stupid in general, but when it comes to technological products, they become a shit throwing monkey?
Also, post cringe/anger inducing stories about such people.
>>
great thread
>>
I deal with them by doing the same tasks for them time and time again. It's quite frustrating having to "install" new devices for my parents when all it essentially means is inserting the never-changing account and mail server information for whatever e-mail program the device has pre-installed, and possibly downloading an alternative internet browser and possibly a pdf reader, office suite, Spotify and the like, which are all just a few clicks away and doable by illiterate babies.

Then again, I don't mind too much as it's not too frequent. Then again, I do mind when they do purchase their new devices, as they ring me up and demand I'll stop everything and rush for the train station to get there ASAP as these things can never be learned and only a master wizard of computer technology may be able to succeed in "installing" a new device, and it's essential it's done right this second.

Also it bogs my mind how some people have serious troubles opening the settings in a program and fiddle around to see if there's anything that could possibly fix their issue.

And it also bogs my mind how some people become terrified of computers, almost hysterical. They keep phoning me and telling how there was an error message on their screen, but they clicked it away and nothing happened. And I'm supposed to know what it was about since they forgot what it said, and I'm to blame for not having a clue what they're talking about.

Sometimes I feel some people just work on a totally different frame of mind when it comes to anything tech related.
>>
>>58676058
>Sometimes I feel some people just work on a totally different frame of mind when it comes to anything tech related.

>And it also bogs my mind how some people become terrified of computers

I think it's the unwillingness to learn because "the good ole way" just werks
>>
>>58675695
charge money

if they don't want to pay and end up fucking up something I'll charge more to fix it :^)
>>
>>58676519
>>58675695
He's right. If anything, you want them to stay retarded. There's a whole industry dedicated to helping these people, and they won't even learn whenever they pay money -- so what makes you think they'll learn themselves?
>>
>>58675695
By not working at a tech support.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.