[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I listened to my fellow /g/uadalajarenses and pulled the trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 16GiB+2500K.jpg (115KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
16GiB+2500K.jpg
115KB, 1000x764px
I listened to my fellow /g/uadalajarenses and pulled the trigger on an i5-2500K central processing unit and 16 gibibytes of random access memory.
Should I have gone with a more recent processor? Or will I be impressed enough with the jump from an i5-2520M?
>>
>>58674008
It's still a fairly capable chip but it is showing its age. I have one and run it at 3.7 ghz most of the time as most games don't demand much more of it but newer games sometimes require higher clockspeeds of around 4+ ghz. If you got all of those parts for a good price it's not too bad, but the biggest thing is just more features like more sata 6 slots, pcie 3.0 and more usb3 ports on newer motherboards, as well as slightly better per clock performance, newer features and less power consumption. But as I said it's a solid chip still and with a decent cooler most will hit 4.4ghz or so no problem.
>>
>>58674054
I will probably keep it around its stock clock, but I just like the option of being able to overclock.
I got the CPU for $85 and the RAM for $90. I feel that these are reasonable prices.
Lastly, I'm not much of a gamer, just an enthusiast building a desktop, so I think that it will hold up pretty well.
>>
I still use my 2400 for gaymen and it holds up ok, the 2500k is the GOAT and $85 is a great deal
>>
File: bdf.png (386KB, 578x790px) Image search: [Google]
bdf.png
386KB, 578x790px
It's great, mine does 4ghz on stock voltages no problem, but since it's summer here I went back to stock and didn't find a significant decrease in games performance. Probably has been the best purchase of my life.
>>
the 2500k isn't bad at all anon overclock it around 4ghz and you should be fine for 3 years
>>
Guadalajara, Guadalajara
Sabes a pura tierra mojada.
>>
>>58674008
>>58674089

Could have gotten a new Pentium G4560 for 60$ and get the same performance.
If it's even available for around these prices in your corner of the world, that is.
>>
>>58674054
Games require better processor and not higher clock speed, you dumb mongrel
Try to play anything modern with first gen i7 @ 4GHz
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.