[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the razer blade stealth. Is it any good? I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

Redpill me on the razer blade stealth. Is it any good? I already have a decent custom desktop, I'm looking for something that can run VM's well and that can handle light to mid tier work loads. Is the stealth worth it?
>>
>>58671387
expensive, but actually a very solid machine if you can stand the faggot tier logo on it
>>
File: dell-xps-15-7.jpg (132KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-15-7.jpg
132KB, 1200x800px
>those pigfat bezels
>>
>>58671405
I dont care about the logo, I just want a machine that works. Have you used one or do you own one? If so hows the Kb and trackpad?
>>
>>58671434
> over priced
> Meh brightness settings
> base model stars with 4gb
>>
>>58671387
garbage trackpad, garbage keyboard, only few hours of battery.

if you want gayming, build a fucking desktop. gayming on a laptop is super-retarded.
>>
>>58671462
I guess you cant read I mentioned that I own a desktop capable of gaming, all I want is a low profile laptop to get shit done.
>>
>>58671434
where is the camera on this thing
>>
>>58671486
Its on the lower part of the bezel.
>>
>>58671472
then that's not for you. you ain't gonna do shit on that crap.
>>
>>58671545
Well all I need to use it for is taking notes, coding and using a few VMs
>>
>>58671554
Surface Pro 3, perhaps?
>>
>>58671570
Eh, Im not a fan or tablets with shit kb's I though about getting a used surface book.
>>
Why not just teamview into your desktop pc through your phone and a bluetooth keyboard?

That's what I do at least and I get way more performance than I would from an overheating laptop.
>>
>>58671554
>all I need to use it for is taking notes, coding and using a few VMs
You can do it even on a Core M laptop, unless you have to run multiple VMs at the same time, but than most laptops will be suboptimal.

The shitty trackpad and battery life make it a pretty useless laptop IMO, at least XPS got the battery life part covered even though it's overpriced trash. Overall your best call is probably a rMBP from 2015.
>>
>>58671606
Could take a look at chink laptops on shit like GearBest or Banggood. Some of their higher-end ones look pretty decent. Otherwise, idk, maybe shit like Asus Ultrabooks/Zenbooks or some shit?
>>
>>58671658
Not him and perhaps I am doing something wrong but the latency is pretty disgusting.
>>
>>58671452
>overpriced
QHD xps 13 is literally the same price as the base stealth ($1300).
>meh brightness settings
source
>base model stars with 4gb
that's because it's $500 less.
>>
>>58671658
Thats what I plan to do, all I want to know is if its worth it and how bad are the QC issues.
>>58671664
Well My budget is $999 and the razer gives me the most for my money. My current laptop is so shitty anything will be an upgrade from it as long as it works.
>>
>>58671674
Post can you reccomend any models >>58671689
Source: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9350-InfinityEdge-Ultrabook-Review.153376.0.html
>This newest revision of the laptop once again includes this [auto-brightness] firmware-level power savings, [update: 11/10/15] and it is still not possible to disable it on 1080p (FHD) models. but Dell has pledged a tool to be available upon request that will disable (or reenable) the feature for users of the QHD+ model.
>>
>>58671691
Before spending quite a bit money on something "alright" I'd rather either buy something massively cheaper aka. cumpads or save up for something massively better aka. rMBP/Surfacebook.
>>
>>58671714
What. The. Fuck.
>>
>>58671724
Well I see what you mean but, i need a new laptop now and thats what i can spare. Also i need something thin and light to carry around, I travel often.
>>58671736
You asked for a source about the shitty brightness
>>
>>58671754
>You asked for a source about the shitty brightness
Nah, I am a different anon. I don't get why Dell would cuck their users so bad and make such a mess out of a auto brightness feature. Then again, it's the company who thought that the nosecam was a good idea because muh bezels...
>>
>>58671774
And thats why i might purchase a razer. Also desu how often do people use their web cams?
>>
>>58671774
who the hell even still uses a webcam? cam whores?
>>
Get Thinkpad p50 desu with Xeon and ecc ram and maybe even raid. Bulletproof.
>>
>>58671914
Your mudder XD
>>
>>58671944
Which one?
PS: learn to spell ;^)
>>
File: 0126172056-1.jpg (606KB, 1892x2642px) Image search: [Google]
0126172056-1.jpg
606KB, 1892x2642px
Literally the worst piece of shit I have ever owned.
Pros:
>It is actually a very powerful machine
Cons:
>Battery life is terrible like 2-3 hours
>4k screen (optional on the newest one) makes the performance pretty poor unless on an external display
>Trackpad is ass as is the keyboard
>It's fucking broke three times and ive had to send it in for repairs

Overall it's decent if you don't plan on using it while on the go but instead as a mobile desktop sort of thing
>>
>>58672007
>>58672007
I heard the 4k version sucks up battery. I would probably go for the 1440p variant, the battery life on the 1440p variant is about 5-6 hours . As for battery I will mostly be using in in uni and I need something thats small and powerful. As for the keyborad and moue I can assure you it will be better than my $400 bestbuy lenovo yoga. It will be mostly used a a mobile machine. What do you use it for and have you upgraded the ssd?
>>
>>58672007
Why the fuck does it seem like nobody else can get this right. All I want is a solidly built laptop with decent specs that doesn't glitch for unexplainable reasons after a few years of use.
>>
>>58672092
We've given you several suggestions, but you seem too fucking lazy to use the world's largest search engine to just look for your answer.
>>
>>58671914
>not having a facetime talk with your girlfriend or family when one of you travels
Besides it's also a lot about the principle. If the engineers can't even get the webcam right, what else will they fuck up? XPS had weird issues with brightness and fan noise before, also some shutting down shit and each new released needed couple firmware updates because it was shit from the start.

>>58672007
>4k screen (optional on the newest one) makes the performance pretty poor
That's weird, other 4K laptops with same specs don't have any issues, must be some laptop specific fuckup.

Also 4K on a laptop is generally stupid, 1440p is the way to go.

>>58672092
Get one with a fruity logo then.
>>
>>58672092

I've had an aorus x3 v5 for a year now and nothings failed on me just yet. it's a bit gaudy but doesn't suffer from over heating and throttling like your other "gaming" laptops.
>>
>>58672118
>Long distance relationships dont work out well besides I can use my phone or I pad for thay.
>In some use case seniors a 4k screen can be useful for some.
>Apples laptops are extremely overpriced to gimped to hell. Nice try fruit man.
>>
>>58672145
Well heres the thing I have a desktop that can game all I want is a decent ultra portable that I can carry around uni for under 1k
>>
Fuck this shit I'm getting a MacBook pro
>>
>>58672176
I actually though about it. But I do not want the hassle of installing boot camp.
>>
>>58672154
>Long distance relationships
Who the fuck talks about that shit? LDRs are a meme. In a normal relationshit you are likely to spend some day apart, be it a business trip, different colleges, family vocation or whatever else. If it takes a while, communicating with the person isn't a bad idea. Nobody is saying that webcams are essential but they definitely got their uses.

>4k screen
Like for who? Windows or Loonix barely support it. The only reason there is would be watching 4K movies but crippling the battery life of a laptop just for that is ... not a good trade for most users.

>Apples laptops are extremely overpriced
Recently, yes but one can always get a cheaper used one. Besides, better pay more for something good than a bit less for broken shit.

>gimped to hell
Nice meme.

>>58672220
What hassle? I bet my granny could use it and she thinks that the monitor is a computer.
>>
>>58672249
>Only the very needly need to video chhat for being away for a day
>People who look a schematics, video and photo editing can benefit from a higher resolution screen, not to mention 4k movies.
>Why buy a used laptop when there are better and cheaper windows alternatives
>Lol paying 2k for a laptop that probably performs ono the same level as a god dammed I pad. If thats not gimped i don't know what is.
>My time is to valuable to spend installing a second os or to worry about my system getting bricked from one or two updates.
>>
>>58672168
yeah that'd be no good then. no need to waste money on something you already have. Perhaps an Asus zenbook may suit your needs? Or do you prefer a larger screen?
>>
>>58672078
Honestly with a lower res screen it is probably a pretty good laptop. But I would look into the new to see if it's had as many problems as mine which is 2 years old. Another downside which may not be relevant to you is that Linux is very difficult to install on it.
I mainly use it in uni for note taking and stuff and have an extra monitor for gaming in my dorm.
>>
>>58672340
I would not mind having a larger screen
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.