[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo just make PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1468003078550.png (1MB, 1223x880px) Image search: [Google]
1468003078550.png
1MB, 1223x880px
Why don't Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo just make PC parts instead?
>>
>>58671336
Well Sony does.
Microsoft and Nintendo don't make hardware. They design it and outsource the manufacturing.
>>
>>58671336
Microsoft tried doing that, you dumbass.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.
They got trust-busted.
The only reason why the same thing isn't happening to apple is because #1 the courts have become more retarded over time and #2 their market share isn't big enough to be considered a monopoly.
It's funny to see Apple commercials where they brag about making both their OS and their hardware. I can only imagine that every Microsoft board member is going "Yeah...we wanted to do that shit too...2 decades ago."
>>
>>58671385
If you mean their laptops, they use outsourced hardware. I mean, every shitty mac uses a low end intel core right?
>>
File: 1485485921088s.jpg (6KB, 250x179px) Image search: [Google]
1485485921088s.jpg
6KB, 250x179px
>>58671336
Why doesn't Microsoft just buy Sony and Nintendo and make them make PC parts?
>>
>>58671336
Nintendo intentionally uses poorly documented or custom hardware to avoid viable emulations appearing while a product in still in it's commercial lifespan. Because of this they are not looking to create competitive or even cost effective hardware. They often specify in contracts with the companies who design their parts to not bring them to the open market.

Microsoft attempted and got trust-busted.

Sony has been horribly burned from attempting the "jack of all trades" routine in the past, and they would be competing with manufacturers like Intel in the broader market whose research alone is worth 25% of the entirety of Sony. It would be a monumental investment and very likely a losing endeavor.
>>
>>58674105
Ironically Nintendo's consoles are always the first to be emulated
>>
>>58674258
Realistically they just want to be able to buy themselves a few years time. Although emulators may appear rather quickly, they often take quite some time to become stable. There are also very few exclusives for other consoles anymore, which removes much of the pressure to do so. In particular when Nintendo started going a little crazy with emulation protection was after UltraHLE came out relatively stable only 3 years after the N64 was launched. Since then they've taken more precautions.
>>
>>58671408
Nah they use low-end AMD cores
>>
Why doesn't Emma Stone just fix her retarded frog face?
>>
>>58671336
muh walled gardens
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.