[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone excited for these new smartwatches? i like the idea that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Anyone excited for these new smartwatches?

i like the idea that ill be able to take my bluetooth adapter and earphones and leave my phone at home and still have the same functionality as my phone when I'm out.

all i use my phone for when I'm out is music, the odd text and maybe a phone call, with android wear 2.0 I'll be able to use the bluetooth adapter to make calls and also listen to my music and send texts and sometimes google shit.

might get one depending on the price, still got my original LG G Watch as it does everything that the current gen watches do

what do you guys think? I think its the first batch of smartwatches that can replace basic phone functionality and i think thats pretty cool
>>
fuck guys come on
>>
>>58669307
I heard the new LG ones have NFC and android pay support, can't wait for that, I'll finally be able to use my watch to pay for everything apart from my bus fare, nearly every shop in the UK has android pay support so now I don't need my phone or wallet, shits gonna be dope, only gotta take change for the bus in the morning
>>
smartwatches will always be a failed meme
>>
>>58669307
No
>>
They look like shit (the actual real leaked designs of them), they'll be manufactured by LG so expect subpar shitty gook build quality and bootlooping and they have nothing that my sw3 doesn't have
>>
>>58669307
>i like the idea that ill be able to take my bluetooth adapter and earphones and leave my phone at home and still have the same functionality as my phone when I'm out.
you can do this today with the current generation of android wear smartwatches tho
>>
>>58669938
cant use android pay, cant send texts, cant call, current gen only has wifi
>>
>>58669971
>current gen only has wifi
then i guess I have a watch from the future?

SIMless LTE standard on chinkwatch and I have even seen some watches with a SIM slot.
>>
>>58669971
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-18156
>>
>>58669991
what watch you got and what os does it run?
>>
>>58670010
LG Urbane 2. It runs android wear (the current/older one).

Text and calls and phoneless GPS nav all require third-party apps (for now), but all the apps are free.
>>
>>58670040
doesnt that require a phone connection to send texts and make calls?
>>
>>58669307

I really like some of these smart watches coming out.

/g/ keeps on showing me lots of goodies that I will buy once I get a job...
>>
>>58669307

I'm excited, when is google releasing them?
>>
>>58671318
early February, i heard the 9th is when they launch then they're released the following week
>>
>falling for the smartwatch meme
>having to charge your watch every night
>>
File: astron.png (190KB, 380x430px) Image search: [Google]
astron.png
190KB, 380x430px
>His watch is rechargeable
>Mine harvests energy from the motion of my body, solar power and will last forever
>GPS synchronised
Fail. Smart watches are kill
>>
>>58671797
i actually charge my watch every 2 nights so ha
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.