[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why use any other operating system than Windows 10? >He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0404.jpg (504KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
504KB, 1920x1080px
Why use any other operating system than Windows 10?

>He uses Windows 7 or 8.1
Support will be ending soon and you already have the botnet installed. Keep thinking you're safe from Microsoft intentionally going in and breaking your shit to frustrate you to get you to update to Windows 10.

>He uses OSX
Good thing you paid a premium price for decent hardware, no expansion and a slightly polished Linux distro. It was daddy's money so you don't care though, right?

>He uses a Hackintosh
Enjoy updating your system. One error and you have to start all over again. Enjoy your lack of stability and retina display that you have to pay for as well.

>He uses Linux
Enjoy those drivers, lack of games and professional software. Do you want to submit a professional resume? Good luck even finding a template that's Libreoffice compatible. Most Linux users are NEETs anyway or server admins. Enjoy losing your hearing from being in server rooms all day.

Face it, Windows 10 is a professional operating system. OSX may look nice, and the large majority of hipsters in SV might use it, but that's because they're paid a retarded amount and can afford it.

Unless you program or are a developer, there's little need for a UNIX environment.
>>
>He uses Windows 10
Telemetry.
>>
>>58665800
>Support will be ending soon and you already have the botnet installed.
I never updated my w7 at all. My pc is as I bought it in 2011.
Soon I'll be using linux debian when my pc crashes and won't come back to live anymore. Hopefully that takes a few years to happen.
>>
GNU/Linux literally has the best driver support of any OS. Over a third of the Steam library is supported. You can use LaTeX for resumes and it will look loads better anyway. As for "professional software", there is plenty. Blender, Krita, FreeCAD, Ardour, and Kdenlive to name a few.
>>
>>58665885
>over a third of shitty games is supported
Yeah, but I'd rather not
>>
>>58665800

I'm a HARCORE GAMER with a blazing [s]fast[/s] hot RADEON gpu who needs DX12 for the newest MICROSOFT games I get from STEAM and play on my NZXT computer.

anything other than win 10 is grandpa shit
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>58665852
>using an unupdated copy of windows from 6 years ago
>buying a prebuilt
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>58665800
I use Ubunutu for developing a school website. Its not bad once everything is install. The cms has a good work flow between some linux only software.
But I really like win10 though
>>
>>58665885
I use Arch and agree with most of what you just said, but
>FreeCAD

FreeCAD is the most cancerous CAD program I've ever used in my life, bar none.
>>
>Do you want to submit a professional resume? Good luck even finding a template that's Libreoffice compatible.

Not using Latex.
Fag
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58665800
>Support will be ending soon and you already have the botnet installed.
this is the reason why people should use linux, not windows 10, are you retarded?
>Enjoy those drivers
to me not a problem; only driver i use is my wireless and it works just like on windows
>lack of games
I'd be damned if /v/ wasn't behind this shitposting, but the support is getting bigger and bigger everyday
>and professional software. Do you want to submit a professional resume?
Wine's latest version brings support for Office 2013

and that osx you're shitting on is optimized for its hardware; an OS that sends suspicious packages every 5 minutes wouldn't be helpful

Unless you are graphic designer or neet gamer there isn't any reason why you shouldn't use linux, since most of the people are spending their times on internet and popular browsers are all cross-platform
>>
>>58666590
>'
How about the one most average consumers will care about: Linux is the most unaesthetically pleasing piece of shit out of the box. Coming from someone who EDC'd arch for years.
>>
File: tmp_27095-l8mQjNi-1710714919.png (596KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27095-l8mQjNi-1710714919.png
596KB, 1200x796px
>>58665800
>mfw 5k 5h job at linux-only environment
Not neets either; nice offices, social people and everyone knows what theyre doing. Gotta love good life.
>>
File: 1466949897612.png (387KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1466949897612.png
387KB, 2560x1440px
>>58665800
>W***dows 10
>Built in ads that you cannot remove (See solitire)
>GPEdit is an autistic maze game, if you don't spend a whole day tinkering it like a basement dweller you will experience:
>Forced reboots
>Forced updates
>Garbage tier I/O rate
>Telemetry spyware
>Ads on taskbar
>Ads on startmenu
>Ads on lockscreen (unless you live in a poorfag country)
>Ads on context menu
>Ads on file explorer
Also
>Windows 10 is unstable, it's a rolling release and inconsistent between installs
>Updates take 3-4 hours because it can't rank update mirrors
>Sluggish performance, or may be it's the default for wincucks these days, Even my KDE (OpenSUSE) performs faster
>NO configurability. (Try changing your fonts)
>Technologically inferior product. (No Live ISO, Driver detection is hot garbage, legacy Win-32 restrictions - try making a folder named AUX, PRN, COM etc.)
Lastly,
Windows 10 is so buggy and unstable, it's not worth a dime.

Your argument against Linux:
>No drivers
Unless it's a really new device Linux can most likely operate them just fine.
>lack of games
I prefer playing with a toy. Buy PS4 and grow out of "PC gamer master race" phase.
>lack of professional software
Not the latest meme. What professional software would you like? Office has web version, PS CS6 runs like a charm in WINE 2.0. Autodesk Maya and siemens NX and all infosec software run on Linux.

>Most Linux users are NEETs
Most NEETs are windows users.

So your point of view is not technological, you don't give a shit about technology. Windows is a consumer OS that appeals gaymerbabbies and normalfag retards like you. Stick to windows and get out of /g/ - This is a legit advice for a brain dead consumer like you: /g/ is "for" Technology enthusiasts and you are in the wrong board.
>>
>>58665800
>Enjoy those drivers, lack of games
I keep hearing this argument, but have any of you even bothered to look at these things in the last 2 years? Steam now has over 2,000+ games natively supported (~47 of top 100 now) and drivers work even nicer than on windows; out-of-the-box style.
>>
>>58666865
>Ads
You can disable them
>Forced updates
>Forced reboots
You disable updates
>Telemetry
You can disable it
>Buggy and unstable
Works on my machine :^)
>>
>>58666918
wow, so convincing
[le edgy smiley emogi]
>>
>>58665800
I got my job by posting a LaTeX resume.
My IT consultant job at a Microsoft Platinum Partner company.

Yeah, life is weird sometimes.
>>
>>58666918
>instead of providing any meaningful info, im just going to say no and deny everything
>>
File: deepin.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
deepin.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>58666714
>most unaesthetically pleasing piece of shit out of the box.
you just described windows 10 for me; it's the most ugliest distro i've ever used. I've felt like not using windows, instead felt like using a linux DE.
>Coming from someone who EDC'd arch for years.
>choosing your first distro as arch
now i understand why you're here shitting on linux

>>58666918
>disabling security updates for no random restarts
>>
>>58666714
> Used Arch
> Says that Linux looks ugly.

Use a non-ugly distro.
Mint, Ubuntu, eOS... They all look fine.
>>
>He uses Windows 10
Enjoy your botnet and pajeet programming.
>Hackintosh is unstable
Are you even trying at this point?
>Linux
>Lack of games
Heard of SteamOS?

Go see a doctor because you're showing severe simptoms of autism.
>>
>>58666934
>Literally what the other person did
>Points it out when I do it
I'm telling you the truth anyways.
>>58666945
A majority of windows 7 users disable updates as well. Your point?
>>
>>58666008
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>58666714
I have no idea what you're talking about. XFCE, KDE5 and Gnomes are really nice looking. Also my normie contacts have complimented its intuitive ui a ton, pleased that their potato still browses.
>>
>>58666945
whats that de senpai?
>>
File: rolfe.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
rolfe.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
>>58666962
>SteamOS
>Games
>>
File: 143137_350_233.png (90KB, 350x212px) Image search: [Google]
143137_350_233.png
90KB, 350x212px
>>58665800
>Enjoy those drivers, lack of games and professional software.
I am. I don't use outdated software.f
>Do you want to submit a professional resume? Good luck even finding a template that's Libreoffice compatible.
Latex is the only thing to use for resumes on any platform.
>Most Linux users are NEETs anyway or server admins. Enjoy losing your hearing from being in server rooms all day.
Economics major.
>>
>>58666879
Have you ever tried to connect to a Xerox printer on Windows? It's full on Cthulu mode.

On Linux: I want to connect to a printer.
> Okay, what's the IP?
Here it is: 192.168.2.20
> Okay, is this the right one?
Yup.
> I installed the drivers and set everything up.

MEANWHILE ON WINDOWS.
> You want to connect to a printer? Prepare to solve my CONTROL PANEL MAZE!!! (Search does NOTHING!!!)
Oh my god wtf. Google? A little help here?
> Here my son, is the 14 steps compiled by the 88 sages to print. But it only works if you have a 100% Bavarian fenotype.
Oy vey. Better get going.
> Yeah, I found the printer! Now where the fuck is the driver you piece of shit?
So, I have to download it manually?
Okay. Let's go to Xerox, get the 300 mb file, and point Windows to it.
> Yeah, that 2mb file there looks about right. You're all right anon
Uhm... Thanks, I guess?
> Btw, I'm going to send all requests to print on A4 to the printer as US Letter and vice versa.
Why?
> Because fuck you.

No seriously, that happened.

If it's a normal USB printer, you just plug it in, and in Windows it will spend ten minutes searching for drivers, then coming up with an error message that says that it couldn't find them, and then you go download them.

And of course, the drivers comes with a """"""""helpful"""""""" app that lets you order Real Brand Name Printer Ink over the internet. Which of course is not available in your country.

Under Linux, you plug it in, and you get a notification saying "I installed and set up that printer for you. It's ready to use now".

I cannot understand why people voluntarily use MS Windows. The only thing that's more frustrating is my attempt at setting up a VM that I can run MS SQL Express in, to test my app. That involved:
> MS SQL Express 2016
> You must have Win 8.1 or newer.
> Fuck, well, at least we have an enterprise license for 8.1
> You don't have this specific update installed.
> Better install it then?
> This update does not work with Win 8.1
>>
>>58667005
use an OS that won't spy on you, it's funny how you guys make your OS vulnerable for """control"""
>>58667027
it's a thing called Filename DE, how to install: http://askubuntu.com/questions/761107/how-to-install-deepin-desktop-environment-in-ubuntu-16-04-lts
if you just want a dock, install docky and use your favorite DE
>>
>>58667043
SteamOS is what they officially call their native linux compatability. That being over 2,000+ games and growing fast as game engines themselves are bringing support. Close to 50% of top100 AAAs are now supported on linux, which is really impressive.
>>
>>58667097
You can disable the spying
>>58667107
I'll definitely switch once more games and wine get better
>>
is the business/enterprise version still shit and have all the shitty stuff?
>>
>>58667272
No, you can fully tune enterprise as you always have, however lacks some in AD and GP compared to last generations.
>>
>>58665800
>Support will be ending soon and you already have the botnet installed. Keep thinking you're safe from Microsoft intentionally going in and breaking your shit to frustrate you to get you to update to Windows 10.
feels like the opposite tbqh
win10 breaks.
a lot.
>>
>>58667097
thanks
>>
>>58665800
Remember to report all shills! Stop Microsoft from brainwashing innocent /g/ users!
>>
>>58666590
>Linux Mint

How do you live with all the screen tearing in Firefox caused by Muffin? It is a shitty compositor when compared to Compiz and Compton.

I don't understand why Mint is popular, Cinnamon is bloated and lags like shit.
>>
I use win 10 for games, Linux for everything else.

Just have a dual dvi KVM and switch between the two workstations. Pretty comfy.

Dunno what op is talking about with resumes. Latex is king for standing out and looking professional.
>>
>>58668600
i've never seen screen tearing on any linux distro i tried, and i even saw a kernel panic once.
i wasn't fan of cinnamon too but i gave it a try and mint-y dark theme is the best theme i've ever seen; my tastes are shit though.
you're right about the bloat though, feels like rethemed gnome 3
>>
>>58667013
there's something called security patches
>>
>>58665800
I was making a comment about how great linux is, when everything crashed and I had to reboot.
> t. arch user.
you win this round.
>>
"professional operating system"

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-windows-10-forced-updates-auto-restarts-are-the-worst/
>>
>>58665809
>there's no telemetry on linux
>>
Thank you OP. Fuck these fat sweaty neckbearded virgins who know nothing about real professional software.

I use Win10 Pro for my web development using Linux VMs with VMWare in Unity Mode. I started using WSL and that's going to be even better. I love playing my games with my glorious GTX 1070 and don't have to sacrifice shit by running that freetard OS as my host. I have better things to do with my time than take 3 weeks to install Arch and take screenfetch screenies every day.

I built a custom rig and I get my money's worth with Windows 10.

#pcmasterrace
>>
Literally reinstalled windows 8.1 today as I had to reformat the pc because it borked itself and it was the original disk.

All I did was install chrome and download the win10 installer and I still felt like killing myself.

Anyone have any ideas what would have caused windows to bork itself, I originally thought that my ssd died but it was fine after I tested it with crystalinfo/mark, dodgy update? Everything seems stable now anyways.
>>
>>58665800

>Why use any other operating system than Windows 10?
I have my arch machine

>Drivers:
I have the amazing proprietary nvidia drivers.

>Lack of games:
I have all the games I could want to play, tf2, csgo, cs 1.6, etc.

>Lack of professional software:
What professional software would I be using? I'm a gamer, not a businessman.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.