[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you setup Eclipse when developing client-server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1485289844083.jpg (137KB, 1948x858px) Image search: [Google]
1485289844083.jpg
137KB, 1948x858px
How the fuck do you setup Eclipse when developing client-server applications? I want to run both at the same time
>>
>>58665615
You can have more than one class that has a main(...) method. Use the run menu to create launch profiles for each runnable class. launch them via debug or run tool button. If you want to run both, launch one main, then the other. To kill them, go to eclipse's debug window and right click on the app you want to kill.
>>
>>58665615
>hungarian notation
kys
>>
Just use a light client; curl or something. Assuming you're developing for web.
>>
>>58665615

I find it easiest to make a separate workspace for both the client and server and then have a dual screen setup with one workspace per screen.
>>
>>58665615
Use IntelliJ
>>
>>58665615
>SubHuman
>fleas = 14;

kek
>>
>>58665615
>what actually happens

maybe if you're a pajeet
>>
>>58667246
>>58667246
>>>58665615 (OP)
>Use IntelliJ
I think you missed a word there. It should read:
>Never use IntelliJ.
>>
>>58665615
Two projects.
One client, one Server.
Launch them separately as needed.

And if you, god help you, have to do the server as a bunch of microservices becaues of reasons, it's the only sort-of-sane way to do it from Eclipse.

(Although in that case, only work on one of the services at a time.)
>>
>>58667126
I suppose that could work. But if you have shared code between the two, don't you need to keep manually syncing the code changes into the othrr Eclipse workplace? Not a prob if you have both projects in a single workspace.
>>
>>58665615
Write a test robot like a normal person
>>
>>58665615

You should build the pieces so that they are relatively independent from one another anyway.... It sounds like you are tightly coupling things that maybe shouldn't be tightly coupled?

If you can't do that, you can create project dependencies by configuring the project.

IntelliJ has seemed more intuitive for managing large, multi-project applications. You can use something like Maven or Gradle to control the build process.
>>
>>58668752

T. Actual developer
>>
>>58665615
>Subhuman fleas = 14;
>>
>put client in one package, server in another
It's not fucking rocket science dumbfuck
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.