[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I'm looking at several job postings that are asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1296581638760.png (33KB, 566x557px) Image search: [Google]
1296581638760.png
33KB, 566x557px
/g/ I'm looking at several job postings that are asking for 1 year JavaScript experience.

What level of proficiency does this imply?

I'm pretty comfortable with js when I work on things on my own (I've built several websites and write scripts in python to "automate the boring stuff"), but I've never had a programming job before.
>>
what kind of scripts
>>
You suffering from imposter syndrome speaks well of your skills. A job asking for 1 year experience is probably not expecting much, and if you've built your own stuff you're way ahead of the curve.
Also you'll find out when you get hired that a lot of "professional" programmers are basically incompetent.
>>
>>58665597
Last thing I wrote was a script to periodically check for open camping sites in various locations and send me an email when something interesting opened up.
>>
>>58665571
It sounds like the guys hiring have no idea what they actually want and just used grabbed whatever number sounds nice, in this case 1 year
>>
>>58665608
Cheers anon. I hope you're right.
>>
>>58665632

ya i dont see why you couldnt get a job
>>
>>58665632
Yeah your definitely fine. 95 percent of humanity can't really program because of things that have come out such as social media.
>>
>>58665571
Theyre probably expecting you to know a framework.
>>
>>58665690
He's right. You have no idea yet how bad some people are at programming that somehow squeak by. If you can put some of your work on github and link to sit on your resume you'll be way ahead of the rest. I've worked with "senior" programmers who I gave the same advice and they had nothing to show for it. They never created anything outside of work.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.