[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a redpill on Cloud Computing? What is the endgame with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: server-farm-shot.jpg (169KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
server-farm-shot.jpg
169KB, 1024x682px
Can I get a redpill on Cloud Computing? What is the endgame with this?

Is the goal for one day consumers to, basically, just own thin clients with all computing power, storage, and programs becoming another means of production owned by the few?
>>
Many of my customers have only thin clients with RDP to the cloud, where they have CRM, Outlook, etc.

Backups become easy
all you need is good solid internet connection
>>
Not really. If you just mean virtual machines running on someone else's infrastructure, it's so big businesses don't have to maintain large data centers with massive amounts of storage and the technical staff needed to run everything. Not to mention replacing all of that hardware every 3-5 years.

TCO isn't necessarily lower, but all things considered it's a smart move for most companies, especially companies in large urban centers where real estate is at a huge premium. I work for a large San Francisco based software company and we rent data center space that is insanely expensive.
>>
>>58662712
>>58662704

But why is cloud computing/ being connected to the cloud being pushed as a selling point to home consumers?
>>
>>58662653
The goal is for companies not to run servers on their own sites to host their apps and website.
>>
>>58662653

Easier for the government/comporations to keep an eye on you.

All your private files, passwords and even your clipboard contect going onto some cloud server.

You would have to be insane to do this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.