[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK don't get mad don't get mad. I know everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

OK don't get mad don't get mad. I know everyone's going to get mad, and I'm doing this completely wrong, and there's some sticky I'm supposed to read, and I'm supposed to lurk for a year before posting, and there's some meme I'm being oblivious to, and this is against some rule that's going to get me banned.

I have 2 TVs, 2 computer monitors, and I'm getting a projector. My question is: how hard would it be to create some kind of hub where I could input HD signals from a cable box, computer graphics card, and playstation, and output HD signals to the TVs, monitors, and projector? How hard would it be to split the audio and video outputs so I could have the audio go to speakers or a headset and the video go to one of the aforementioned displays? How hard would it be to still use the 2 monitors as a dual setup in this manner?

Ideally, I'd like to have certain settings so I can tell like an amazon echo or something to put it in "movie" setting (computer - projector - speakers) or "game" setting (playstation - tv - headphones) or even just state what i want my inputs and outputs to be. Like "cable - projector - headphones." Or do it with a phone app or whatever, I'm not fancy. Could I set up some kind of screen saver for the unused ones? Oh God this is so many questions with probably obvious answers. Oh my God you guys are going to be so mad at me for knowing nothing and asking so many stupid questions. Maybe this is a really dumb idea for a lot of reasons I haven't even considered.

I apologize for the millions of faux pas I just made. I didn't even glance at another thread to get the slightest glimpse at your protocol here.
>>
>>58657023
lol didn't read
>>
>>58657023
i think it would be moderately hard
>>
It'd be very easy to set up a splitter and just display the same thing on every monitor. You don't even need any active hardware, just cables. Audio should be reasonably easy too, as long as you have a motherboard/DAC with enough ports.

Having it adapt to your specific needs? That'd be pretty difficult. The easiest way I can think of going about doing that is some scripting through xrandr and pulseaudio commands. You haven't even mentioned your OS though, so I'm guessing you're using Windows - good luck with that.
>>
>>58657095
Thank you!!

Like, moderately hard for you? Or moderately hard for a person whose personality and skill you can glean from my original post?
>>
>>58657121
OK this is useful, thank you! Yes I'm using Windows, and while I don't understand just how much of a piece of garbage that makes me, I do recognize that it makes me some degree of a piece of garbage. Anyway thanks! All useful info about my stupid little project!
>>
>>58657121
>>58657139
One other method you could use is IR. Most projects come with a remote so you could control that, TVs obviously have remotes, high end sound systems will have remotes. If you have a phone with IR support you could control all those through an app, or you could use a Arduino/RPi with an IR module to control them.

You could also perhaps use something to control powerpoints so that devices are only running when you need them to be. There are some app-based solutions that are pretty simple, although they might not be flexible enough for your requirements.
>>
>>58657245
Interesting... though what if I worried about turning them on/off individually, and I just wanted to easily switch the video and audio inputs/outputs? Shouldn't there be a quick device with multiple AV in/out? And then worry about streamlining the switch after that?
>>
>>58657023
AVR (anything recent with HDMI+CEC) + Harmony Remote + IFTTT (or other tasking gateway)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.