[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How illegal is it to log in to someone else's accounts if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How illegal is it to log in to someone else's accounts if they made them using an email that belongs to you? Some kid has been signing up for a bunch of sites and services using my email address, and I'm wondering what I can do about it.
>>
How did this kid get your email in the first place?
>>
>>58656498
depends on your local laws
Where I am it isn't illegal unless you pretend to be them or buy stuff with their accounts
>>
>>58656588
dipshits do this all the time. i have a fairly rare name and [email protected] gets me time cards, doctor's appointments, etc. for this numbnuts.
>>
>>58656588
I think he just uses the same screen name that I used to use, then just added @gmail.com to it whenever he signs up for shit. Then I end up getting it in my inbox.
>>
>>58656625
change the passwords and then update your spam filter
>>
>>58656612
fuck with him by changing passwords on his accounts and rescheduling his appointments or contact someone and pretend to be him then try to get his # by asking to verify the one on the account or whatever then call or text him and tell him to fuck off
>>
>>58656661
>change the passwords

that is not going to do anything lol
he's signing up for shit using OP's email, that's all
OP, just unsubscribe for anything he subscribes you to or forget that address and create another one, there's nothing else you can do.

I had the exact same issue with an old email of mine. There was some dude all the way across the ocean in fucking Mexico who used my email for everything because he probably didn't have one and just put "[email protected]" when he was asked for it. I got access to everything he did and I was getting mad that some kid was doing it on purpose but then I found out through an email I received that he signed up for a job agency in Mexico City and in his details it said "Age: 64" so I sort of felt sorry for him and changed my e-mail. It was all useful in the end though as I brushed up on my Spanish throughout the whole experience
>>
>>58656498
I did this when I was a kid. There was an IP at the bottom of the sign up "welcome" emails and the guy called my ISP, who in turn called my parents. I suggest you do that
>>
>>58656763
no, i meant change the passwords for everything he signs up for then block further replies.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.