[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, why is there no union for programmers? are we not worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: programming-1200x614.jpg (111KB, 1200x614px) Image search: [Google]
programming-1200x614.jpg
111KB, 1200x614px
/g/, why is there no union for programmers? are we not worth protecting?
>>
>>58650924
Because the primary purpose of a union is to protect the jobs of incompetent workers at the expense of everyone else?
>>
>>58650924
Because unions are corrupt.
>>
>needing protection if you are good at your job
>>
File: 1473689302051.jpg (245KB, 700x970px) Image search: [Google]
1473689302051.jpg
245KB, 700x970px
>>58650976
>incompetent workers
Incompetent? Are people incompetent when the management imports thousands of cheaper workers with H-1B visas?

http://www.fairus.org/issue/for-mark-zuckerberg-br-discriminating-against-american-workers-is-good-for-business
>>
>>58650976
>>58650985
>>58650996
|
|
|>
|
|
>>
>>58650924
Shit is too easy to outsource and too many pajeets would happily do it for 90% less.
>>
>>58650996
People who are "good at their job" are fired & outsourced every day. You have literally zero clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>58650924
You literally are 21th century toilet cleaners.
>>
>>58650924
We definitely should be protected. Entire companies are possible because of our code. Marketing didn't make the product. Customer service didn't make it. WE did. We programmed it, coded it, made it possible. We should be guaranteed certain salaries, benefits, and rights based on all that we do for the world.

If actors & voice actors are protected via SAG-AFTRA, then we should have a union for us as well. People say that we're 21st century janitors? But actors & voice actors are 21st century jesters.
>>
>>58650924
Because as soon as they are formed jobs will be shipped overseas. You people are delusional.
>>
>>58650924
I am actually a union member, but it's a union for people with a master's degree or higher in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.

I'm mostly a member because it gives me beneficial mortgage deals and discounts on health insurance.
>>
>>58651020
And if they actually are good at their job, then they'll find another one. The only people that really have to worry about layoffs, outsourcing, and automation are the ones who can't do anything better than a machine can.

>>58651015
You mean your work is no higher quality than Pajeet's? You have no case to make to an employer on why its worth more money to employ you instead of him? There's nothing you can do that he can't?
>>
>>58651093
>There's nothing you can do that he can't?
I guess poo in a loo doesn't count.
>>
>>58651020
And then they get shit pajeet code and run back. Managers need unions more just to protect them from their stupidity
>>
>>58651106
Congratulations, you're potty-trained. You want an award? Employers don't care how you shit on your own time, they care what kind of code you can write.
>>
>>58651124
>its our responsibility to protect others from their stupidity
If they make stupid business decisions then they'll lose money and learn their lesson. Or go out of business, if they persist.

If they don't lose money or go out of business, then in what sense were they making a stupid decision?
>>
File: 1468555373641.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1468555373641.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>58651127
>his job is so worthless it's not even worth it to do the toilet test
>>
>>58651142
Unions are to protect jobs. I was just asking if managers have unions to protect themselves from themselves
>>
>>58651093
>You mean your work is no higher quality than Pajeet's? You have no case to make to an employer on why its worth more money to employ you instead of him? There's nothing you can do that he can't?
Is this even an argument?
>>
>>58650924
because code monkeys just sit on their asses all day and their banal skillsets are already handsomely over-valued as they are?

what kind of dumbfuck millennial caricature must you be to unironically compare dicking around with shitty Enterpriseā„¢ Java applications all day to the laborious existence of a factory worker or miner?
>>
>>58651900
bait the post
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.