[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any advantage iOS has over Android? I've used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: Android-vs-iPhone-300x300.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Android-vs-iPhone-300x300.png
114KB, 300x300px
Is there any advantage iOS has over Android?

I've used Android for years and recently used an iPhone for a week. The only advantage I could find was that web pages seemed to load slightly faster, but overall the browsing experience is gimped compared to Android (no fast scrolling, no native webm support, etc)

Not to mention closing out tabs seemed cumbersome compared to Androids 'clear all' option.
>>
>>58647645
Its whatever works for you anon.

is it the right tool FOR YOU? then buy it

if not then dont buy it. too many god damn flame threads on here over nothing.
>>
>>58647801
>It just werks

Except Android 'just werks' even better
>>
Facetime imo
>>
>>58647815
and the autism creeps in the bread.
>>
>>58647848
How so? What about Skype or hangouts? These even have integrated messaging which is much more seamless
>>
>>58647645
the great advantage over android is the entire ecosystem that exists around apple devices.

highly available diversity of cases
highly available parts
parts available years later
facetime and imessage
find friends
icloud locks
OS updates

thats mainly it.

>>58647884
Those are not part of the OS itself, not seamless at all, you have to create an account you have to log in you have to get them from the store, you're overestimating normie capabilities
>>
>>58647870

You can argue the convenience aspect, though. You can be in a call and quickly convert to a facetime convo. No need to be on another app at all. Call someone to say "get on skype", then hangup, then open skype...

I hate to say it but facetime just werks really well. I had an iphone 6 for a day before returning for a variety of other reasons (and picking up a galaxy), but facetime was the only notable feature to me.
>>
>>58647978
>picking up a galaxy

Why would you willingly choose the worst Android phone anon
>>
File: what are you replying to.png (84KB, 300x379px) Image search: [Google]
what are you replying to.png
84KB, 300x379px
>>58647978
>>
>>58647801
>over nothing
except it isn't just simple preferences, there are objective facts that make one platform superior over the other.
>>
>>58648117
Are you incapable of understanding that your needs are not the needs of everyone else? Then you are in the autism spectrum.

Your needs are not the same as everyone else's. If it works for Mary Jane Todd and Lincoln but not you, it doesn't mean its inferior it just means it doesn't work for you. Grow up.
>>
>>58648117
Thats where your wrong faggot.
A tractor is useless to me but a 4 door sedan is useless to a farmer.
See where im going retard?
>>
>>58647645
Android is better in every conceivable way. iOS is preferable if you absolutely need iMessage because your friends are a bunch of faggots who've never heard of WhatsApp. Or if you're a normie who's stupid and can't take five minutes to figure out how Android works. Or if you care about the opinions of people who would literally make fun of you for choosing to not spend $800 on a mobile social networking device when you can but something for 1/5 of the price that does the exact same thing but doesn't have an Apple logo on it.
>>
>>58648131
>>58648152
But I didn't state which specific platform is superior now, did I? You're seeing things that aren't there.
>>
>>58648165
>which specific platform
Give us a scenario then.
You arent out smarting anyone you stupid autist
>>
>>58648165
>But I didn't state which specific platform is superior now, did I? You're seeing things that aren't there.
>>58648117
>except it isn't just simple preferences, there are objective facts that make one platform superior over the other.

You need to be 18 to post here faggot. Neither one is superior to the other one if it doesnt fit your needs. It literally is a personal preference there are no objective facts here to be discussed. If WP10/IOS/Android/BB/S40 serves you thats great, if it doesn't IDGAF, use whatever you want.

>>58648156
You need to 18 faggot, go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>58648184
>out smarting
man, you seem to be taking this way too seriously, almost to the point that you think you're in a serious debate of some kind
>>
>>58648156
>WhatsApp
>Depending on Facebook for anything
>>
>>58648156
>you can but something for 1/5 of the price that does the exact same thing but doesn't have an Apple logo on it.

Pretty much why I use Android. A Moto phone on top of that. I'd rather not frivolously spend money on something just for the brand prestige.

This may be due to the fact I'm a straight male
>>
>>58647645
ios is more secure. But, that's only because they're application ecosystem is a police state.
>>
>>58648205
Aaaand there we go.
You have nothing.
Another autist BTFO
>>
>>58648200
>shouting "muh over 18" insult twice in the same post
Are you trying to compensate for something? Are you trying to be that internet tough guy that's trying way too hard to look mature so you shout "muh underage" at everyone?
>>
>>58648252
>Aaand
looks like it's you who's the under 18 here
>>
>>58648253
Your needs are not the needs of everyone else. Learn that other people are not the same as you, they're different.

Your autism is showing faggot.
>>
>>58648200
Just because "something werks" doesn't mean it's the right purchase. I consider paying a higher price for a function that can be offered by numerous others at a cheaper price as an objectively stupid decision.
>>
>>58648264
With all these insults being thrown, I think you're trying too hard to be some sort of internet tough guy to prove you're "worthy for 4chan". Instead, it seems to be backfiring and you're sticking out like a sore thumb among a sea of anons.
>>
>>58648261
Never talked about age.
But nice try.
How pathetic all you do is post your dribble on g and its not even right!
I have to go to work in 10 minutes.
See ya later loser
>>
>>58648295
>work
more like high school
>>
>>58648283(you)
>>58648293(you)
>>58648295(you)
>>
>>58648016
You dont know the half of it, i got a galaxy grand prime, the absolute garbage cheap tier galaxy (was like 200$) , instead
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-25-10-23-23.png (368KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-25-10-23-23.png
368KB, 1440x2560px
>>58648316
>>
>>58647645
Blue bubbles
>>
>>58648307
Nah.
But enjoy the rest of your day on g ;)
>>
>>58648406
>day
I don't live where you live
>>
battery life.
but of course lenovo with p series and oukitel with K series already beat apple but with putting shitloaods of battery on them. ios works more efficiently, but of course who would use the most closed source os for phones; not me
>>
>>58648156
Why would you need iMessage or WhatsApp if Facebook Messenger exists? Everyone uses FB anyway, and most people have the messenger on their phones.
>>
>>58647927
the parts thing isn't even an argument, any phone made after 2005 has parts that are readily available and easy to find.
>>
>>58647645
The fact that it's optimized entirely at the OS level by the device and processor manufacturer. Apple can get away with using less RAM, and CPU cycles to save on production costs and extend battery life. I don't use Apple products but I can at least recognize from a technical point of view being in total control of the underlying hardware and software easily leads to optimization. At least when they're not pushing crippling updates to your old phone to make you upgrade, that is.
>>
>>58647927
what about others who don't have apple stuff? Are you suggesting a divided society because some (most) people don't want apple shit? Hangouts does all the things iMessage and FaceTime do, but in one app that is available across platforms. THAT is much better than a well integrated shadow ecosystem that can't work with anything outside of it
>>
>>58647927
>Those are not part of the OS
show me a normie android device that doesn't have hangouts. stupid faggot
>>
>>58647978
yeah but isn't that exactly how apple apps work? quickly switch from texting to phoning to video all within one app can be done in skype, hangouts and the likes. Apple chooses to have multiple apps for that
>>
>>58647645
Used both for a few years. They're much of a muchness but as other anons have said, if most of your contacts are on ios you'll certainly see the benefits of being in the same ecosystem.

At the moment I'm using an android phone and an ipad, which is how I'll keep it. google's almost spooky crawling through my emails and how that is integrated in to the OS is unmatched by anything apple has provided and the breadth and quality of music apps for the ipad make it simply the best tablet I can buy.
>>
>>58649243
I mean i guess, its just nice its there native and everyone else w an iphone has it working out of the box. I cant convince people to stay on skype as easily. When i really need to video with someone, ill ask them to get on snapchat (video call). Its not a terrible solution but it would be nice to fire up something like facetime native in android.
>>
>>58649882
>>58649220
>>
>>58649220
You can uninstall it. It's one of the first things I disable.
>>
Not really related, but the headphone jack of my phone is broken. Is $50 for an iPhone 5C with a cracked screen a good deal ? I just want to listen to music and read PDFs, don't really care about cutting edge shit.
>>
>>58649996
What part of the word "normie" do you not understand, moron?
>>
>>58648016
>have S5 with CM13
>downloaded latest CM14 build for it
>waiting for lineage OS builds and Xposed for nougat to get released

No complaints desu
>>
>>58650063
Nobody uses hangouts desu. Even normies I know, they may not all disable it but they don't use it either.
>>
>>58650111
Depends. Most of the people I know use hangouts.
>>
>>58650147
Really depends where you live, imessage is the shit in usa but nobody gives a shit outside.
>>
>>58650987
Doesn't surprise me. The US has an astounding heritage of stupidity
>>
>>58650022
>reading pdfs on a 4" """"""""screen""""""""
you are better off picking up some chinksit tablet
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.