[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm building a computer for a family member, and trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: large.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
I'm building a computer for a family member, and trying to figure out what OS I should use.

Windows 7 is the safe bet, since it's cracked and everything.
But, Windows 10 comes with DX 12, and also some comparability for microsoft exclusives.

The only Windows 10 I found that was reasonably updated, and pre-activated, has some concerning things in the comments.
>[email protected] (C:[email protected])
>[email protected] (C:[email protected])

Which I guess could simply be hooks to keep the windows genuine, but could also be some malware.

What do I do? Is this Windows 10 safe? Or should I just stick with Windows 7, and tell them to buy OEM windows 10 if they want it?
>>
Install your cracked version of 7, and then upgrade to 10 for free

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
>>
>>58644892
I'd recommend TempleOS
>>
>>58644892
hardened gentoo GNU/hurd
>>
>>58644902
Does that really work?
Won't it just detect that windwos 10 isn't genuine?
>>
>>58645045
It works. I upgraded my old laptop to win 10 even though my windows 7 was a pirated version.
>>
File: 1466851157985.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1466851157985.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>58644892
You want to avoid Windows 10 at all costs and Windows 7 support ends in 3 years, so I'd try to get Windows 8.1 on that machine and just don't install the """telemetry""" updates.

I've been using it on my dad's computer and if you ignore that retarded screen with the """apps""" and just go to the desktop and work from there, it's fine.

Honestly, I'll probably install it on my own PC once Windows 7 support ends.
>>
>>58645068
Even with anniversary update?

>>58645184
At some point everyone will have to switch to windows 10, though.

Once developers starts to properly use DX12, there might be big performance improvements, especially with how ryzen is likely going to shock the CPU market and technology.
Then there's also microsoft exclusives, like sea of thieves.
>>
>>58645184
>You want to avoid Windows 10 at all costs
why?
>>
>>58646434
Because otherwise bill gates and the illuminati will herd you with the rest of the niggercattle. Educate yourself my man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT7yvaGN0ZU
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.