[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-Freesync -Fine Wine(tm) technology -8Gb VRAM -Undervolts like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: GTX1060UPDATE100.jpg (82KB, 649x221px) Image search: [Google]
GTX1060UPDATE100.jpg
82KB, 649x221px
-Freesync
-Fine Wine(tm) technology
-8Gb VRAM
-Undervolts like a motherfucker
-Better drivers
-Async compute
-30% cheaper
-OpenCL

With the downside of
-2% lower DX11 performance
-No CUDA

What mental disorder do 1060 owners have? Have can they justify this choice?
>>
is that a shoop ?
why would they only put 6GB in a graphic card in 2016 ?
Nobody is that stupid.
i call you a liar and a shill for spreading shooped jpgs !
>>
>>58640749
Eternaly BTFOed
>>
-50% OpenGL performance
>>
-2Gb useless VRAM
>>
-Wasting energy 3 times more
>>
>>58640850
>he missed out on the whole 3.5gb maymay
>>
>>58640749
8 Gb is not a lot of VRAM
Even my cheap R9 380 has 4 GiB = 16 Gb
>>
>>58642450
one third more*
that is if you trust benchfags and their benchmarks
>>
>>58642492
It is if you are over spending. If you do not have the total resolution across all monitors then there is no need for it.

- How much VRAM do you really need at 1080p, 1440p and 4K? - http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/89/much-vram-need-1080p-1440p-4k/index.html
>>
>>58642402
Source?
>>
>>58643937

My modded Skyrim uses ~6GB at 1080p

I could use even more, but that's the limit on old skyrim, waiting for SKSE to move to 64-bit
>>
The only justification I can find is how scarce they were for nearly the entire year. Demand was so high the reference cards sold out in like a week with so many backorders AMD had to devote an entire second run to even more reference cards, leading to semi custom cards not coming for like 2 months and full custom cards a few weeks more. And those also sold out fast as fuck.

That and the crazy demand inflated the price to ~$300 for an OC 8gb and ~$250 for an OC 4gb. Some models also didn't have all that excellent of noise suppression.

To add insult to injury the black friday "deals" were mostly just the cards finally selling at listed MSRP. It was a bit of a spit in the face to consumers.

I still would've bought a 480 over a 1060, personally but I can see how people would be pissed off enough to get the similarly performing competitor that was actually readily available.
>>
File: FuckinKek.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FuckinKek.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>58644998
>tfw SKSE isnt yet in 64bit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.