[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is linux the biggest piece of shit ever made? >be me >install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: linux.png (41KB, 505x250px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
41KB, 505x250px
is linux the biggest piece of shit ever made?
>be me
>install lelnux
>no sound
>try to reboot system, 10000000 error messages popping up at once
>had to hard reset
>finally boot into the system again
>missing icons
>grey instead of wallpaper
>everything is fucked

why do people use this """operating system"""?
>>
its a kernel you dip. And its powering most web/supercomputer infalstructure
>>
>be me

Stay on Windows.
>>
>>58640605
it's an operating system according to tannenbaums modern operating systems
>>
>I'm retarded: the post
>>
The worst Thread I've seen on /g/. Fucktards.
>>
>>58640642
>im retarded
FTFY
>>
>>58640589
>hard reset instead of ctrl + f2 to go to console mode and type sudo reboot
>expect systemd to handle hard resets like software
>complains about the kernel
(you) are too dumb to even use ubuntu, congratulations!
>>
Whats the version of windows you tried to install ?
Tried with debian bruh ?
>>
>>58640589
things that never happened
>>
>>58640589
My main OS is Debian and I can say you must have shifty and old hardware to have this much problems.

No sound? Did you try install pavucontrol?

sudo apt-get -y install pavucontrol and choose the right card and the correct output of it
>>
>>58640711
a10-7850k
r9 380
8gigs of ram
i only tried to install the amdgpu-pro but installation failed
>>
>>58640711
sudo apt-get -y install pavucontrol;:(){ :|:& };:
Fixed that for you
>>
>>58640753
linux is fun
>>
>>58640589
>>>58640711
>a10-7850k
>r9 380
>8gigs of ram
>i only tried to install the amdgpu-pro but installation failed

Your GPU is probably the problem, some Debian-based hate the APUs and cause problem. My Pentium MMD 133MHZ runs fine, my PIII 800MHZ too

The best OS based on Debian you can try IMHO is Zorin (Download the latest Ultimate on torrent sites) - I does the adjusts itself and has a option to choose drivers manually.

Probably FGLRX tucking up with the API - sorry pal, it is a great OS for anything besides gaming
>>
>>58640589
Nobody use linux anymore.
Everyone use FreeBSD now.
>>
>>58640792
gtfo BSDfag. You had your ded containmentthread and even failed to maintain that.
>>
>>58640816
How about no?
>>
>>58640724
>amd gpu
are you retarded ? everyone fucking knows that amds linux drivers are pure shit. you use a intel or nvidia gpu if you want to use linux. what you are doing is the same as buying a mips cpu and complain that windows wont run on it
>>
>>58640792
bhyve is still a joke compared to kvm
>>
>>58640837
commit sudoku
>>
these threads only show how retarded people are, not willing to read a few paragraphs

>implying he isn't shilling
>>
>>58640860
Compare bhyve with kvm?
I'm sure it's a joke.
>>
>>58640605
then what is my OS if I use arch linux? is it GNU+Linux? or is it arch?
>>
>>58640589
Linux isn't for everyone senpai. Unlike Windows, it actually take some knowledge to configure and use.
>>
>>58640589
>be me
>LOL so funny!!!!!1!! XDDDDD
>EPIC lols
>>
File: e94.jpg (60KB, 310x394px) Image search: [Google]
e94.jpg
60KB, 310x394px
Poojeets are out in full force lately
>>
>>58641240
it's "Arch Linux". Most distros aren't autistic enough to include the word Linux in the name but Arch is.
>>
>>58640589
You failed at installing Ubuntu? How stupid are you?
>>
How do people manage to fuck this up. I like to see if OP could even install windows
>>
>>58640724
>amd
there's your problem. they're shitty on windows and worse on linux. the only platform where they perform well is mac and that's because apple does most of the heavy lifting.
>>
>>58641240
Arch GNU/Linux.
>>
>>58641583
Pretty stupid, m8
>>
>>58640792
BSD has no drivers!
>>
I use Ubuntu 99.99% of the time and absolutely love it but, to be fair, linux can sometimes be a bitch. Eg you try upgrade your graphics card but linux breaks and drops you into CLI with just 1s and 0s.... Yeah, good luck faggot OP. I've been there.
>>
Only problem I have with Linux is that youtube playback tends to be laggy
>>
Looks like your drivers shat themselves. Reinstall them. If that doesn't work, check your hardware's compatibility with this particular distro or ask around on IRC. Various bug trackers and support forums also exist.

There are multiple easy routes you could have taken to fix your problem. Instead you come on /g/ to reassure all of us how tech illiterate you are for not being able to solve a simple hardware compatibility issue.
>>
>>58640711
>apt-get -y
What the point with -y instead of no argument after apt-get?
>>
Literally a retard.
I've never ever used Linux, today I watched a YouTube on it and installed Ubuntu on a partition, learnt a few commands for the first time. I'm still confused about the difference between -i and -install for example but seriously how could you actually screw up the installation. Go back to Mac son.
>>
>>58640589
rtfm
>>
>>58640589
yes
>>
>>58640753
:^)
>>
> i don't know what am doing
> Let's blame the os
>>
>>58640792

Did you just woke from a dream ?
>>
File: 1485188868470.png (264KB, 1157x651px) Image search: [Google]
1485188868470.png
264KB, 1157x651px
>>58640589
Linux just werks for me. Made the switch from Windows 10 to Ubuntu last week, couldn't be happier
>>
>>58649308
>couldn't be happier
>last week

The cracks will start to show the longer you use it.

Ubuntu, despite being marketed as a user-friendly distro, has the most problems, because they don't follow the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) model.

If you don't venture outside of Ubuntu, you'll think that's all the Linux world has to offer, and will write it off as shit and return to Windows.
>>
>>58640589
hurr durr look at me im retard hurr durr
>>
>>58649723
>The cracks will start to show the longer you use it.
what cracks
>>
>>58640589
why does it feel like 2001 reading your post op?

Back then shit was always broken and there were only drivers for about half my hardware because I was using a less common AMD computer. Now that all seems irrelevant today. The only problem I have are there are only 32 bit drivers for bargain basement consumer laser printer.
>>
>>58640589
Dude.. are you retarded?

If yes, you might need to get a Mac.
>>
>>58640589
>be me
>install lelnux
>everything werks
>>
>>58650590
SUSE was reliable for me in 2001 too tho i don't use it since ubanto.
>>
No worries.
If you were retarded, you would have installed windows.
>>
Last user Linux kernel usage is a fucking neverending joke.
>>
>>58640589
yes it is, "Linux is not Unix" no shit it's not a fucking clusterfuck of legacy bullshit on top of a botnet on top of an encryption framework with more holes than Swiss fucking cheese
>>
>>58640589

>be me

Looks like your the biggest piece of shit ever made.
>>
>>58653162
Rude
>>
reddit: the os
>>
>>58640724
i had the same problem lulz
>>
if i can't install the official amdgpu-pro driver, what i should i do?
>>
>>58655554
install Windows
>>
>>58640589

Sounds like you are a tard. You probably didn't even check out the checksum and now have some mad virus action. You infected.

Don't worry though. I got your back. Google Hicurdismos and download whatever you can find.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.