[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best DE for GNU/Linux? I'm getting tired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 234234234.jpg (34KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
234234234.jpg
34KB, 400x266px
What is the best DE for GNU/Linux? I'm getting tired of Gnomes shit.
>>
>>58637403
Cinnamon of course. Everything else is shit.
>>
File: google.jpg (486KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
486KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>58637403

Cinnamon.
>>
I really like Unity. So do many gainfully employed adults.
>>
>>58637444
>>58638377
These guys are both correct.
Also, the trips of truth confirm it.
>>
>>58637403
Xfce if you wanna customize the shit out of it.
>>
>>58637403

>What is the best DE for GNU/Linux? I'm getting tired of the best DE for GNU/Linux.

Then buy a Mac faggot. Oh, you can't afford it, that's why you're a lincuck in the first place.
>>
XFCE big screen

dwm small screen/slow systems or both

XMonad if you have enough autism to configure it
>>
Is Gnome the best for using multiple virtual desktops?
>>
>>58639350
>Is Gnome the best for using multiple virtual desktops?
No, a Mac is but you probably can't afford that so use cinnamon instead.
>>
>>58637403
kde
>>
>>58639377
I own a macbook air.

Is Cinnamon better than Gnome at virtual desktops?
>>
>>58637403
KDE
Cinnamon
Mate
Xfce

Can you Explain why you tired of GNOME ¿
>>
>>58640374

i have debian + cinnamon on my mac air and can confirm its superior.
>>
Lumina Desktop is the only right choice, OP.
>>
Cinnamon
>>
>>58637403
KDE. Just make sure to turn up the animation speed (or disable them completely) or it feels unresponsive.
>>
KDE
Cinnamon
XFCE
MATE
GNOME
The rest
>>
IceWM
>>
>>58638467
Cinnamon is just a GTK copy of KDE, it even includes the bugs and bloat. I don't know why it's so popular.
>>
>>58637403
What are you looking for in a DE? Gnome works for basic shit. If you want more visuals go with KDE. XFCE tends to work pretty well too, you can even make it look like windows if you want.
>>
>>58637403
Unity and xfce
>>
>>58637403
I really like Budgie
>>
>>58638411
had a strong prejudice against it when tried ubuntu as my first gnu/linux experience. went to debian, suse, arch, manjaro, debian and finally ubuntu again and now i am really enjoying unity, didn't even bother installing other DE
>>
>>58637403
I'll let you in on a little secret that may not be too obvious. There is no best, which is why we aren't all using the same thing.

I can highly recommend Fluxbox though. If you want a desktop that's exactly what you want, then it is great. You can customize just about every aspect of it, by editing simple text files. If you have no interest in customizing shit, it's not something that you would enjoy using.
>>
>>58637403

I use unity all the time.
>>
>>58637403
You can try any other one but, for better or for worse, GNOME is the best one and the most polished.
>>
>>58642877
>Kevinposting
>>
i3.
I don't care what you use it with but it's a godsend for being productive.
>>
>>58637403
Just use windows 10 if you are a retard that can't use shell.
>>
>>58637403
Try windowmaker, it used to be my favorite wm many years ago.

Now I use cinnamon.
>>
KDE if you want to be able to personalize nearly everything, comes with some minor annoiances like some widgets or themes not working properly. Sometimes feels like a giant beta test, but is still miles ahead of everything else.
Plus it defaults to the best file mamager.

Alternatively Cinnamon, still nice, or, if you need some resource economy, xfce.

Install, try, and decide for yourself, it's subjective.
>>
>>58637403
unity. plain, simple, comfy and you can remove the bloat.

>it just werks (for me)
>>
>>58637403

Gnome 3 is like the Android of DE...

>A fucking app drawer.

Cinnamon is comfy and modern.

KDE and XFCE feel dated, but work well - good choice for artists that need to customise everything.
>>
>>58645189

Amazon is watching you Fap
>>
>>58637403
depends on your gpu. if you have Intel HD then you should go with xfce4

OTHERWISE USE THE BEST DE MADE, CINNAMON
>>
>>58645224
It's now turned off by default.
>>
>>58645241
They only watched you fap for 4 years?
>>
KDE. Download new themes straight from its settings, no bullshitting with a crappy -look site.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.