[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I'm thinking about switching to linux after all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tux2.png (880KB, 1979x2186px) Image search: [Google]
tux2.png
880KB, 1979x2186px
Hey /g/, I'm thinking about switching to linux after all these years using Windows, I only play csgo and some other windows games but I've heard you can use Wine to play them.

What are the advantages of switching to linux and what distros do you recommend?
>>
>>58635574
dont need wine
steam and source games run natively on Linux now
http://store.steampowered.com/linux
>>
>>58635574
csgo on linux doesnt use VAC
>>
>>58635587

This. But since you asked, you generally wouldn't be using Wine to run Windows games however it will work with a lot of them.

https://appdb.winehq.org/

Use this if you want to know how well a game will work.
>>
>>58635574
You need to buy a playstation until you become a man, and put away childish things.
Or maybe a good hard slap upside you're head.
>>
>>58635662
You're autistic, aren't you?
>>
>>58635662
I guess that is one of two things keeping me from going Linux. The fear I will gain too much of an ego like this guy and talk down about someone else's hobbies.
>>
>>58635574

GNU/Linux is shit for games, don't do it. I dual boot computer and played CSGO on both; I get 250ish FPS on Windows but only 50ish FPS on Debian. GNU/Linux is that way for all games, avoid.
>>
>>58635713
The good news is I never visit >>>/v/.
Where you belong.
>>
>>58635662
>you're
Uneducated redneck murrican trump supporter detected
>>
>>58635956
>Debian
a distro that uses ancient software to keep everything as stable as possible

great shit post, pajeet, here, have 5 rupees and buy some curry that will land in its digested form on the streets of new delhi
>>
Well, if you're planning on gaming, I suggest Antergos.
>>
>>58635599
It does. Vac is server side dumb shit.
>>
>>58636337
I despise Trumptards more than video gay men.
>>
>>58636377

You're wrong in several ways and you know it. First of all, why would performance magically decrease for old software? On Windows I can install the graphic drivers from a 2009 disk and get top performance. Second, Debian has the newest packages before most distros; even for the packages that it shares with Arch, in 67% of the cases Debian gets them in average 3 days earlier. Of course you knew all this, but you were just pretending to be retarded because calling names and posting memes is what you do with your life; people like you belong in /b/, you are garbage and have nothing useful to offer.
>>
>>58635662
>You are head
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.