[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on /g/ right now who unironically have Amazon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1446225609140.jpg (27KB, 272x248px) Image search: [Google]
1446225609140.jpg
27KB, 272x248px
>there are people on /g/ right now who unironically have Amazon Echo and Google Home botnets in their homes
>>
>like something
>someone on g calles it a botnet or whatever next month's meme will be

Damn, better stop liking this.
>>
>>58628385
How is a device created by a corporation that listens to everything you say a good thing?
>>
>>58628385
it literally records everything all the time
>>
>>58628429
Well no shit sherlock. How is it supposed to activate when you say "alexa" or "okay google"?

It's not exactly impossible to sit on the firewall and see what kind of data it's pushing up to the cloud, anon. But then again, this would trivially disprove MUH BOTNET and goes against the narrative, which is why it isn't done :^)
>>
>>58628402
>>58628429
I don't know, I don't use either product and don't use any voice search software on any device. I'm not even suggesting those products aren't shit, but le ebin botnet is just going to get people to ignore you. I doubt anyone on here is using that shit anyway.

For arguments sake though, and since I use a lot of Google """"""""""""""botnet"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" services, I'd argue that people generally find the convenience that these products offer to outweigh their privacy concerns.

I'm sure google is doing something with the data it's getting from me, I just don't think it is nefarious enough to get me to stop using the services they provide.
>>
File: 1413150694151-2.jpg (6KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1413150694151-2.jpg
6KB, 210x240px
>>58628402
>how do you control a device with your voice without having it record your voice
>>
>>58628459
>>58628469
Their argument is it is recording all sound all the time and warehouses at the NSA are filled with people with headphones listening to the recordings then sending g-men after you.
>>
>>58628486
pretty fucking stupid argument desu senpai. again, it's really, really easy to dump all traffic coming off of these devices and see what they do. Of course, everything's encrypted as it should be, the Echo especially can be hacked and the traffic dumped in plaintext. Dunno about the Google one yet, it's too new.
>>
Wtf I hate botnets now
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.