[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /g/, looks like I'll be working from home and I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: working-from-home.png (36KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
working-from-home.png
36KB, 420x294px
Ok /g/, looks like I'll be working from home and I'll need to connect to my company's network through their VPN.

My computer is personal, not the company's, so from a network point of view, I need to know how to protect myself. How vulnerable am I by opening a tunnel from their network to my system? I want to be as closed up as possible while still being able to access their network.

tl;dr: Need to connect to work VPN, how do I protect my PC?
>>
File: 1452695211148.jpg (183KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452695211148.jpg
183KB, 530x750px
cmon guys
>>
>>58625171
Make a virtual machine and connect through that, also check your firewall settings.
>>
>>58625674
>setting up whole development environment again on a VM
I'd like to skip that. I was more inclined to wanting to know how much can they see from my system. Say, if I have open Windows shared folders, can they see them?
>>
>>58625733
Entire point of a VPN is it's like you're on their network, so yes. The VPN client makes your computer tunnel all traffic through their network. Clone your OS, you can then boot to a VM and copy it over, I've done this before in clonezilla network. Then get in the VM and nuke everything you want secret, and you still have your ide.
>>
>>58625780
Can't I just tell the Windows Firewall to block all incoming connections from that network interface?
>>
>>58625809
I'd assume this would cause the vpn client to stop working. Block the windows share ports, and other services you want blocked, explicitly.

If you are really worried about this just get a second laptop for cheap.

job I'm currently at rocks, they didn't provide a laptop so their entire fleet of brand new imacs and airs are using the software I made on a $30 T410s
>>
>op worried about corp network invading his shit
>corp allows personal computers on vpn, wtf
>>
>>58625869
>I'd assume this would cause the vpn client to stop working.
How? The VPN client uses my standard internet connection. It doesn't use it's own virtual connection.

>>58625902
I'm still surprised how they're allowing me this and how lax their security is. Not a small enterprise either. Biggest in my country.
>>
>>58625953
Ask for company laptop, tell them you don't want to use private laptop because there could be legal consciousness for yourself.
>>
>>58625999
>legal consciousness
wat
>>
>>58626027
one of those phone posters, i bet
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.