[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be using M$ Word to create business documents for work >enjoying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: rnd_lsd5.png (758KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
rnd_lsd5.png
758KB, 543x600px
>be using M$ Word to create business documents for work
>enjoying every bit of it; vast improvement to LubreOffice
>time to save and ship document off
>look for the "export to PDF" button
>think file > save & send > create PDF/XPS document is it
>it opens up an Adobe Acrobat window
>asks to create an online account
>to export a document to PDF
>>
>>58621327
You stupid nigger.
You "print" the pdf.
>>
>>58621415
How do you "print" to a file on Windows? It can't even mount a disk drive within the filesystem I'd another disk drive.
>>
>>58621557
Wtf are you talking about.
Google it you stupid mong
>>
you hit print and then choose a virtual printer capable of doing PDF. A great quick solution to do this is pdf995. Libre Office and Linux does this too
>>
>>58621327
>uses proprietary software
>surprised to find out he's not the customer, he's the product being sold
>>
>>58621698
Technically the organization who owns the computers and licenses the software is, but yeah. Why can't LubreOffice do half of the things M$ does?
>>
>save as
>name
>choose .pdf format from dropdown
>save
>>
>>58621778
Name some things that :
a.) you absolutely have to do. Must-have features.
b.) MS office can do, and
c.) LibreOffice can't.

I'll wait.
>>
>>58621793
This, literally.
>>
>>58621824
Keyboard shortcuts in the form of key sequences that correspond to the functions position in a WYSIWYG interface as opposed to a choice between memorizing arbitrary key combinations or fiddling through drop-down menus that might have a window that does what you're trying to do.
>>
>>58621327
Never had this problem.
Maybe you should go back to LaTeX, it might be easier for you.
>>
>>58621926
Microsoft broke that feature in 2007.
Have they improved it again?
>>
>>58621969
I'm using 2010 and it's fantastic.
>>
>>58621981
When I used 2010, the hotkeys still worked like they did in 2003.
A hotkey I used a lot was insert image (alt+i,l,f)
That also worked in 2010, but I don't know how new users would know that.
It had nothing to do with their new interface, but made perfect sense in the old one as the keys were underlined to show people how to use it.
>>
>>58622023
It's N.sert - P.icture. The keys aren't always predictable, but they do appear on the screen when you hit Alt.
>>
>>58622066
Good to know, should I ever be forced to write a document in word again.
>>
>>58621824
Saving that stupid Word document at work in a way that nothing gets broken without changing the file-format.
>>
>>58621824
>>58621926
>>58621969
>>58621981
>>58622023
>>58622066
>>58622102

>being this autistic
>>
Linux Kernel 4.9.4 with tex-live and latexmk doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58621557
File > Print, choose "Adobe PDF" as printer
it jest werks
>>
>create business documents for work
>Not using LaTeX
Off yourself Rajesh.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.