[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best java/C# library to make gamus? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What's the best java/C# library to make gamus?

>inb4 unity shills or engine shills
>>
>>58606603
For 2D shit, Monogame is a port of the solid XNA Framework. Gives you all the basics but nowhere near the level of handholding that comes with Unity
>>
>>58606640
is there something like SDL or SFML but for java and C#?
>>
>>58606640
This.

But if you design your game to have any online component or be a competitive multiplayer game in any way, better forget Java and C#. People will decompile the shit out of it to cheat.
>>
>>58606603
I've seen this pixel type art before and am therefore very disappointed at the lack of hovering blue balls with eyes.
>>
>>58606691
There's that LWJGL thing Minecraft is written in.
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 500x566px
I've helped fellow students with with Unity/ Unreal 4/ Starling (actionscript 3) / Cocos2D-X / LOVE / LibGDX games here at my College

my recommendation is to go with LibGDX with Java

1- because it popular and has a lot of support, both the LibGDX framework and obviously the Java language

you can find several Books on Amazon on how to make your games on LibGDX games, also there are a couple of Good course on Udemy and Youtube

2- Multiplatform, works on Windows/Linux/osX, Android/iOS

and even HTML5 so it that can be played any browser even on phone browsers (thought with reduced features and fewer external libraries)

on Desktops you can have your full game run on browsers through Java,

3- Level Editor, the Overlap2D editor made for LibGDX is probably the best level editor for a framework, allows you to make good levels that aren't just a bunch of squares like Tiled, you can easily edit your objects physics polygon models and generate spritesheets from the entire level, As well as making it much much easier to make good looking UI and HUDs

once you have your game engine written, it's the closest your get to having a full Game Engine IDE like Unity/Unreal without all the Bloat of making a game on them and having absolute control on all the background code

and before everyone asks

>Java

While Java isn't as fast as C++, well coded Java has great performance, the problem with Java is that it has so many safety nets

in a language like C++ a badly coded program would simple stop working if it managed to run at all, but Java with it's safety nets allows badly coded programs to run poorly

if you actually know what your doing and pool your resources instead of relying on the Java trash collector to clean up your mess, you won't have any problems with performance
>>
>>58606691
There's a C# SFML binding.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.