[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a great laptop that I could get that supports 2x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: V3-772-black-photo_gallery-01.png (149KB, 420x380px) Image search: [Google]
V3-772-black-photo_gallery-01.png
149KB, 420x380px
What's a great laptop that I could get that supports 2x 2.5" HDDS, a msata port for an onboard ssd, and usb 3.0 connection? I'm looking for something that can replace both my laptops and act as a powerful desktop. I'm thinking about getting pic related (Acer Aspire v3-772g), but I'm worried about the shit bios restricting me to install anything else but microcuck.
>>
do you need to be able to do gaymen on it
>>
>>58604615
Nope, doesn't need anything like that, just something I can use with good power. And to install gentoo.
>>
>>58604633
check thingies that turns cd-rom into hddrom
>>
>>58604542
Never buy acer; heard nothing but bad things about the brand, and my personal experience isn't that wonderful either. If I were you I'd look at actual workstation laptops. Just avoid low-end HP ones as they suck balls.
>>
>>58604542
You can replace the ODD on any laptop with a little caddy that lets you stick a second 2.5'' HDD in there.
It's not like anybody uses data circles anymore anyways.
>>
>>58604685
Can confirm, every single Acer I've been around has been a piece of shit.

OP, if you're looking for a great laptop that lets you do lots of things to it, you won't find much better than an older ASUS G-series.
The new slim ones really suck, but the older bulky ones are great, you can replace almost everything on it, it's easy to take apart to maintain, and most of them support 2-3 hard drives without even replacing the odd.

mSATA looks like it might be tricky, last time I checked pretty much only Lenovo and ASUS bothered with that.
>>
>>58604721
Any good laptop you could recommend me? I would still like to have an msata port on board, and preferably something around the windows 7 era because they tend to have a more flexible bios.
>>
>>58604833
What g series would you recommend?
>>
>>58604884
>>58604870
The [Asus] G73 and G75 are nice, so long as you don't mind feeling like a giant meme with their crazy appearance.

Word of warning though, they're bulky and heavy.
I think the G75 weighs like 6 or 7 kilograms.
As a mobile workstation, however, they're great. You get a pretty full package with these things, but they definitely feel like it.
And as usual, Asus is on point with their bios too.
>>
>>58605058
Forgot to mention that battery life is also complete garbage on them, but that's almost expected of anything over 5 years ago.
>>
>>58605135
Will check it out, thanks again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.