[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are /dishwashers/ a meme? I'm about to move in a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lg_dishwasher.jpg (114KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lg_dishwasher.jpg
114KB, 1200x1200px
Are /dishwashers/ a meme?

I'm about to move in a small apartment together with my gf and we have this argument with my father whether to get a dishwasher or not.

Our idea is that we as a couple who wouldn't cook every meal at home anyway, wouldn't fill up a dishwasher frequently enough so that all the stuff we put in won't get dry and crusty with food particles. I don't want to have take out the dishes dirty and having to wash them by hand because all the gunk left on by the machine. Also I don't want to become a slave to the Henkel Chemicals Jew.

My father's idea is that a dishwasher is more economic even for two people.

Help me /g/... I have never lived alone or with another person, only with my family, and we have a dishwasher which is sometimes a pain in the ass to deal with.

Captcha: CHEMIN 122
>>
>>58602852
No, but "smart" dishwashers are
>>
Just live without it for a month and then decide if you can put up with masking dishwashing a part of the meal experience or not.

You get cheap green/hipster points.
>>
>>58602889

Fuck no, I won't let any (((smart))) """"appliances"""" into my home.

>>58602903
Good idea but I can't really try it, because currently I live at home and I wouldn't be able to simulate the workload I will have in my own home together with my gf.
>>
Just wash the dishes after you are done you lazy fuck its only a few minutes of work
>>
>>58602852
there are smaller (40cm) dishwashers that should work for you. wash every couple of days.
>>
So just quickly rinse shit off your dishes with some running water before putting it into the dishwasher and it won't matter if you leave it in the for days.
>>
>>58603008
>>58603043

thanks lads
>>
dishwashers are for rinsing and sterilizing hand-scrubbed dishes

their most important use is sterilization via steam
>>
Get cascade platinum soap tablets, they are the GOAT, but typically the better the dishwasher you have the cheaper soap you can get.

But with my cheap apartment dishwasher these work the best, hasn't been one thing they can't remove off dishes
>>
>>58602852
I still don't get why dishwashers don't fill themselves with water like normal washing machines do? Isn't it better so soak the dishes with washing solution, and to stream water through them and then sterilize them with jets and vapor?
>>
>>58602929
Live in the apartment for a month?
>>
>>58603221
This. Sadly, I know people who just put in dirty dishes into the washer with food still on them. >>58603281
>>
>>58603221
this. Dishes and silverware are the only things I put in the dishwasher. I mainly use all-clad and le creuset with wooden utensils; so its all handwashed. I love having squeaky clean plates though.
>>
>>58603221
>>58603369
also for glasses because it's impossible to do as good a job by hand
>>
They are really cheap if you buy them used and they come in a smaller size. They even use less water than washing by hand and they will fill up if you pot your pans in it.
>>
>>58602852
I only use them for cookware since cleaning pots in a sink is annoying. Hand washing is a lot quicker and has better results.
>>
>>58602852
My girlfriend and I bought a used compact dishwasher (6 place setting, very simple installation, connected to extra connector on the tap so we can use it at the same time) and it's probably the best purchase we've ever made. Our dishwasher washes at significantly higher temperature than you would by hand, so even really dirty stuff gets clean (as long as you don't leave large pieces that will clog up the filter). We use it maybe once a day or every two days and it saves us a lot of time. When we have people over for dinner etc it just takes a few minutes to fill and empty the machine the next day instead of a couple of hours of doing the dishes.

I'm not sure how much it impacts our electrical bill and we don't pay for water, but the detergent costs almost nothing, we used to spend as much money on dish soap as we would wash most stuff under running water.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.