[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>working in IT, small town, not many jobs >company has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: CbczEEqW4AEJvBo.jpg (18KB, 600x379px)
CbczEEqW4AEJvBo.jpg
18KB, 600x379px
>working in IT, small town, not many jobs
>company has to let me go
>apply as an entry level programmer for a small firm
>calls me for interview
>calls me for second interview
>i have some small things in php, js, perl etc
>they work mostly in C# and some js-frameworks I've never touched or seen before
>they fucking give me the job

It's been a few months. To meet the deadlines I'm working night and weekends. Everything takes a very long time since I have to stop almost at every method to check on a library, google or stackoverflow.

>How do I become a faster, better programmer? Any online courses you can recommend? Or do I just have to keep bashing my head against the keyboard and let time tell?
>>
File: 1481598237078.jpg (136KB, 698x658px)
1481598237078.jpg
136KB, 698x658px
>>58600004
>It's been a few months. To meet the deadlines I'm working night and weekends.
I know this feeling so well.
>>
start looking for a new job
>>
Derek Banas just came out with videos on C# but I haven't watched them yet.
You could also start messing around with the Unity engine and make some games to get a hang of it.
>>
90% is about experience and 10% is about the language. Look for another job as a junior dev and you will learn everything you need. Don't work more than 8 hours a day because you won't progress faster if you're tired and pissed.
>>
>>58600290
>90% is about experience and 10% is about the language
This
>>
>>58600290
I would probably recommend to OP to stop programming altogether as it's a dying field in the west at least due to cheap outsourcing. He should get back in to something like he had before or probably end up homeless.
>>
>>58600290
The job was listed as a junior dev but I still feel like they want me to perform as fast as any other dev currently working there.

>>58600343
That's what I thought. But what would be a great, or the best way to get the experience?
>>
>>58600385
>Junior has same workload as other devs

>Company not letting you shadow until you're competent

Kek, leave that shitty job.
>>
>>58600004
Do you feel like you're getting better?
>>
>>58600434
I shadowed for about three hours.

Beggars can't be choosers. I could move to a bigger city and find plenty of jobs but I like it here.

>>58600455
Yes but not at the rate I would wish.
>>
>>58600004
>few months

C# isn't that hard and Visual Studio helps a lot. Don't be a fag.
>>
It's just about experience.
>>
>>58600004
>How do I become a faster, better programmer?
Experience. Trying to learn a lot of different things at once won't do you any good, since you'll eventually forget them if you're not constantly using them.
>>
>>58600004
You don't program faster, you program smarter. Stop reinventing wheels, start using more of the std and 3rd party libraries that do what you want. Stop overcomplicating things, make cleaner interfaces, use patterns when they help.
>>
>got bcs in ce a few months ago
>got job in IT programming and doing some sql
>first day is on tuesday
>will have mentor for 3 months

Feeling nervous..
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.