[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my cherry mx blue keyboard started giving me double clicks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: cherry-mx-blue.jpg (14KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
cherry-mx-blue.jpg
14KB, 600x339px
So my cherry mx blue keyboard started giving me double clicks more and more often so I took it apart, cleaned it and dripped a drop of alcohol inside each key, alcohol turned out to be vodka and not pure alcohol. And now many keys are sticky. Is there anything i can do to fix the switches?
>>
>>58598135
Press shift five times.
>>
Try orange juice, the juice's acidity will wash off the sticky vodka residue.
>>
vodka will corrode the metal parts. dont do it again.
>>
>>58598165
Is there anything but spring that can be corroded? Anyway it feels like vodka dried off and something left that makes some keys harder to press. Can I disassemble the switches without unsoldering them?
>>
File: carl1.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
carl1.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Maybe try to use ISO alcohol. You can buy it at the drug store.

As a rule MX keys are not really very durable. Once something stops to feel right you're pretty much fucked.

You can replace the switches, but the cost of MX blues is so high you're usually better off grabbing another keyboard and desoldering the switches. (Or use the new one, and when it craps out you have the old one) Another trick I did was swap some keys with less used keys like the numpad.

I love mx switches but they are horrible for durability. I use a unicomp at home because that's usually where spills happen and I smoke at the computer and ash + mx keys don't fly.
>>
>>58598211
Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll go buy cheap acceptable keyboard until I can sort out this mess. Interestingly after this cleaning I was not able to reproduce double clicks anymore which I could fairly easily before so maybe it is still not fatal.
>>
File: Qix_-_1991_-_Taito_Corporation.jpg (77KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Qix_-_1991_-_Taito_Corporation.jpg
77KB, 764x1080px
>>58598206

you can't dissemble mx switches - well okay you can, but it's going to be really really fucking hard to get them back together.

I would buy some 99% iso alcohol dump it on the keyboard, smash the keys a bunch while using compressed air to try and push any gunk out. Probably will take a few tries.
>>
>>58598135
next time use Acetone.
>>
File: 1457930215564.jpg (392KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457930215564.jpg
392KB, 1600x1200px
>>58598231

I have two razor black widows from back in the day when they were the only brand making MX switch keyboards for under $100.

Those keyboards were complete garbage - both broke in 6 months (switches were fine, probably shitty pcbs, or something) but I do use the switches to replace ones on my filco when they start to crap out.
>>
File: 00UB4044A-1_800x533.jpg (243KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
00UB4044A-1_800x533.jpg
243KB, 800x533px
>>58598231

Oh and unicomp keyboards are like $80. (unicomp bought out the patents for the model m, and have been reproducing them) https://www.pckeyboard.com/
>>
>>58598235
Thanks, keyboard is unusable now anyway so I'll experiment with alcohol more. Can I try it with plugged in keyboard, assuming nothing gets onto pcb? Just to see if something works before I apply it to every key.

>>58598285
That windows keys near spacebar ruins entire keyboard.
>>
>>58598155
ebin shitpost xxD
>>
>>58598155
Literally made me lol, thanks!
>>
>>58598161
Making little shots of screwdrivers with your keyboard, this is brilliant.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.