[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What use would learning how to code a language have on my average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1210.jpg (15KB, 168x94px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1210.jpg
15KB, 168x94px
What use would learning how to code a language have on my average ordinary life? Like what use or application is there that I could put to use for my personal benefit..? Besides getting a job, which would probably be impossible considering 80% of people going go college now get computer science degrees and would have that over me. (I'm a biz/poli sci major).
Everyone says to learn a new language but I don't see what I could do with it personally. I'm looking for an actual benefit.
>>
File: 1457731035719.jpg (203KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457731035719.jpg
203KB, 700x700px
>why would it be good to learn how to think logically? What the hell use is that?!

I dunno
>>
>>58597419
That doesn't help me. What can I do to help improve my life personally with a coding language? I guess having a good portfolio would help just give my resume an edge
>>
>>58597387
good mental gymnastic, but there's other ways to get that. hell, business is actually pretty close in that regard. constant analytical work that heavily leans on applied knowledge and mid level mathematics.

at some point you might be using your computer for a certain task and think to yourself "gee it would be cool if I had a tool that could enable/simplify this". if you know a language you might actually be able to make such a tool yourself.

you could make video game mods. that's a fun hobby.
>>
File: 1476240598257.png (437KB, 785x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1476240598257.png
437KB, 785x1031px
>>58597387
absolutely nothing, learn to speak and read one instead.
>>
>>58597471
Never thought of it that way. I was also thinking of using it for freelance shit too incase I had business ideas involving my computer. There are still a lot of computer illiterate people there that would pay someone for something as simple as a webpage or if I think bigger, software programs and shit i don't know. I'm looking intro trying python and moving to something like java/java script. But I just need a firm grasp of what I could use them for though
>>
File: 00.jpg (551KB, 775x1100px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
551KB, 775x1100px
>>58597697
>TFW guaranteed net neutrality.

Feels good to be chilean.
>>
>>58597697
The fuk imma do with Russian nigga I live in merica. Best language I could learn is spic
>>
As a user:
> see a problem / task you need to solve
> spend time searching for the program that solves your task
> not find anything
> give up
As a programmer:
> see problem / task you need to solve
> solve it
>>
>>58597720
Work for the gubbermint, as a translator, sleeper agent and so on. Spanish is a waste of time. Most of the illegals will be deported over the next few years and French is the more widely-spoken romance language, if you're going to learn any other language than Russian you should learn that one.
>>
>>58597710
as a professional dev (with no college degree, by the way), I would suggest learning a good bit about IT and CS in case you ever end up in a management position.

your IT department will love dealing with you.
>>
>>58597779
I noticed that working for Amazon for awhile with all of their automation coding was definitely useful. But which specific language is best it seems there's so many to pick from. Arduino is like robotics etc right?
>>
Bumpu desu senpai
>>
>>58597387
You could be an analyst in a software development company. At least where I work, both programming knowledge and business skills are valued for analysts, and there's a mix of people with CS and business background.
>>58597994
Python is pretty easy for a first language.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.