[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a month and a half ago my computer started randomly booting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So a month and a half ago my computer started randomly booting off and I diagnosed the problem to the CPU overheating because the CPU fan stopped spinning. I replaced the fan and just now the same issue happened again. I confirmed that the CPU fan isn't spinning. Just moving a bit but not fully spinning.

What's the issue behind this? Why would the CPU's keep messing up? Is something with the MoBo fucking them up?
>>
>>58595839

Could be a fucked motherboard header. Assuming the fan works you could wire it up so it gets power from the psu and only the pwm signal from motherboard so at the very least it will spin (or just plug it straight into your psu).

Note some motherboards won't even boot without a fan connected into the cpu header explicitly to prevent retards burning their shit.
>>
>>58595950
This or possibly the fan you used does not support PWM. If it doesn't being sent PWM signal can kill it.
>>
>>58595839

just try running the fan off the psu directly, only downside to this is your cpu fan will always be 100%
>>
>>58595839

probably your cpu shows somehow low temperature to your mobo and then fan is autocontrolled to spin slow. Just try plugging cpu fan to a sysfan slot.
>>
>>58596038
>>58595988
>>58595969
>>58595950
So I just disconnected the fan from the MoBo and reconnected it. It seems to be spinning at the right speed now.

What could have caused the problem before? I don't want it to autoboot off every now and then because the fan stops working.
>>
>>58596328

Might not have been plugged in properly. I've had that happen a couple of times. It seems tight and you could swear its connected properly but for whatever reason it's not. Just run it like that for a while and if the problem recreates itself try some of the other shit recommended in the thread. Otherwise you might need a new mobo.
>>
>>58596381
Well thing is we plugged it in before and it ran fine for about two months until now. It fixed the issue before of the CPU overheating and I even monitored the temperature with CPUID HWMonitor.

Any ideas?

On another note, thank you guys for the help and suggestions you gave me. I really appreciated it.
>>
>>58596414
Check the connectors of the plug on the mobo, they might be oxidized. Otherwise probably a bad solder job somewhere.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.