[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My WD passport just died whats the best external hard drive would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 714ezdeT2GL._SY355_.jpg (28KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
714ezdeT2GL._SY355_.jpg
28KB, 355x355px
My WD passport just died whats the best external hard drive would you recommend me? I was thinking of getting >pic related
Does anybody have it?
Sorry for bad english
>>
Only looking for durable external hard drives.thanks
>>
>>58590679
Aren't WD passports good? (I just bought one)
>>
>>58590841
It just stopped working after a year and i barely used it (it cant access the data on it and it didnt even fell or droped once)
>>
Any recommendations i feel like im talking to myself here
>>
>>58590679
I heard the memory controllers are usually what fails on external hard drives. You could disassemble it and use it the hard drive in your desktop.
>>
>>58592501
Unfortunately, most external HD you see in the market have a different port which won't fit into your desktop at all unless they is adapter which will make it work.
>>
>>58591136
I might have a solution and im not sure if there is an easier way.

I have a passport and a few flash drives that suddenly could be found by the computer or accessed. So I installed Ubuntu on a Disc and half installed it in its own partition. It literally uses the Disc to work. But for some reason Ubuntu is great and finding and opening external drives. almost like reopening a cave. then i its on windows again.
>>
>>58591189
>buy cheapo 2.5" external HDD case
>buy a good quality 2.5" HDD
>????
>profit
Everyone knows all those stock external passports n shit use the cheapest harddrives available and got propriety cords and firmware so if they DO fail you are fucked. Unless you plan on paying their $100+ fee for their data recovery (this is where they make their money).
>>
>>58592570
This might be true, but the external harddives I've disassembled have been a SATA port inside.

It's still a good idea for OP to disassemble it and have a look. Just to be safe.
>>
>>58592570
You are literally retarded.

Its all SATA or IDE, and most swapped to SATA.
>>
>>58590679
>carbon fibre AND camo
>on a fucking hard drive enclosure of all things
The man responisble for this abhorrent design MUST be asian.
>>
>>58594237
True, but some have proprietary connectors which mean you need to find another adapter to connect it to the computer. WD has some external drives in which the controller encrypts the drives, making it useless without the controller.
>>
>>58590679
>>58590679
forgive english, i am Russia.

i come to study clothing and fashion at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American fashion and then we are kiss.

We sex together. I never before now am tell my mother about gay because i am very shame. As i fuck this American boy, it is very good to me but also i am feel so guilty. I feel extreme guilty as I begin orgasm. I feel so guilty that I pick up my telephone and call mother in Russia. I awaken her. It too late for stopping so I am cumming sex. I am very upset and guilty and crying, so I yell her, "I AM CUM FROM SEX" (in Russia). She say what? I say "I AM CUM FROM SEX" and she say you boy, do not marry American girl, and I say "NO I AM COME FROM SEX WITH MAN, I AM IN ASS, I COME IN ASS" and my mother very angry me. She not get scared though. I hang up phone and am very embarrass. My friend also he is very embarrass. I am guilt and feel very stupid. I wonder, why do I gay with man? But I continue because when it spurt it feel very good in American ass.

Next day receive telephone call from Father in Russia. He tell me Mother die two weeks ago.

Who was telephone?
>>
>>58590679

The ADATA external HDD's are quite good.

I have 2, and I've dropped one (accidentally) and it works fine. And not is like the one in the picture, is a "normal" one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.