[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Android tablet right now? No bloatware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: best-android-tablet.jpg (18KB, 640x490px) Image search: [Google]
best-android-tablet.jpg
18KB, 640x490px
What's the best Android tablet right now?

No bloatware or reskins allowed, so disregard Samdung
>>
Can confirm the recent Amazon HD 8 and competing Nook are not great at all. Both are locked down and skinned.
>>
>>58588563
Just root it
>>
Pixel C is GOAT if you have the money.
>>
>>58588600
On the Nook you can't use the volume keys to select y/n when it asks if you want to unlock the bootloader after running the proper command. On the HD 8 I have heard a rumor that you can root it if it doesn't update at all, but mine had updated and I couldn't root it.
>>
>>58588621
That sucks

This is why you should avoid Amazon tech, literally ad riddled and proprietary bloatware trash.
>>
>>58588701
Amazon sells their trash dirt cheap, so removal of their ads takes away most of their potential revenue.
>>
>>58588701
Yes. It's a real shame, but they were only $50 on Black Friday. Could be worse. Still somewhat functional. I managed to get the Play Store on it, which was arguably the wrong approach if aiming to be more freedom-respecting, but it gave me access to apps I'm familiar with. I also got f-droid for a similar reason. I read on it at times. The launcher is complete ass, though. I could install apex launcher, but not set it as the default, so that was basically pointless. The default launcher doesn't let you rearrange icons, and occasionally the app I was in will switch to another one while it was locked or back up a screen or something. Quite annoying. I wish I knew how to program so I could try to free it myself. Not even sure if it's worth blocking updates at this point. I don't know if anyone is working on this thing. The death of CyanogenMod at a similar time only makes this stuff harder, too. Last I looked, LineageOS downloads aren't even up yet.
>>
>>58588474
Seriously dog, I'm gonna go for a surface tablet. They're getting pretty darn cheap!
>>
>>58588474

Asus Z580ca
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.