[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have Linux computer and Windows computer >Linux computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ddddddddddddddddddddddd.png (2MB, 2000x1957px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddddddddddddddddddd.png
2MB, 2000x1957px
>have Linux computer and Windows computer
>Linux computer has newer components
>Windows 10 computer runs like a dream, can leave on for weeks and performs perfectly
>Linux computer struggles, have to reboot it weekly because of performance degradation
>have far fewer apps on Linux computer yet it runs slower

Is the linux>windows meme just the result of shilling by all the massive Linux companies? I can't believe anyone thing would think this OS is amazing compared to Windows.

Posted from linux
>>
>>58578758
>can leave on for weeks and performs perfectly
>>58572869

Windows is not reliable, take it from my honest, personal experience.
>>
>>58578758
fuck off pajeet
>>
>>58578874
>Waaah Windows regularly publishes updates to improve the operating system
>I don't know how to change one of the most basic settings in Windows so it prompts before installing updates and restarting the computer
>This means Windows is bad.

Fucking casual
>>
>>58579083
btw, if it's not reliable, how can I get weeks and often over a month of runtime on an ancient early Core 2 Duo desktop from the mid 2000s, until I decide to install updates and restart
>>
you have a shit linux then. t410 with arch, xfce and compton, runs like a dream. Windows is notibly slower and uses double the ram
>>
>>58579083
I'm too employed to care about your autism minesweeper gpedit maze game to configure that shit to postpone updates.

Linux doesn't have this problem and it will never reboot unless you tell it to do.
>>
>>58579140
Literally 30 seconds. That's how much time it takes. You cannot actually be serious in saying that you would prefer Linux because you don't have enough time to configure a Windows install.

That's like saying you'd prefer to build a kit car with an auto trans because you don't have the time to learn how to drive a Golf with a stick.
>>
>>58579140
Not to mention you actually have to select the option for it to automatically install the updates when installing Windows. Even then it still prompts you to restart the computer once they're done installing.
>>
>>58578758
>Is the linux>windows meme just the result of shilling by all the massive Linux companies?

no, it's a results of shilling by linux hipsters whose operating system usecase is so narrow that a tiled window manager of xterms is adequate for their hobbyist needs.

Linux as a desktop operating system in the workforce is rare, and when you do see it you usually see Red Hat or Ubuntu running one of the big desktop environments that is every bit as slow as Windows.
>>
>>58579140

Wait, you don't auto-install updates and reboot via cron every Sunday night?
>>
File: 1366264480396.jpg (15KB, 173x250px) Image search: [Google]
1366264480396.jpg
15KB, 173x250px
>>58578758
>the result of shilling by all the massive Linux companies?
>>
>>58578758
>massive Linux companies
Do you even read before posting? Was it a birth defect or did you drink bleach?
>>
>>58579486
Bleach is mostly water, and we are mostly water.

Therefore we are bleach
>>
File: 1475807663868.jpg (8KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1475807663868.jpg
8KB, 284x339px
>>58578758
You Made a sad linux user
Buhuhuhuhuhu
>>
>>58579936

Linux users are thin-skinned and easily offended. They need to be handled like you would a SJW.
>>
>>58578874
Windows is the most reliable platform for consumers.
Linux is the most reliable platform for servers.

This is end of discussion, if you disagree you're a flat out fucking retard and need to be sterilized ASAP.
>>
>>58579951
What is a sjw?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.