[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /g/. I need a bit of advice; I'm a NEET who spent the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4594.png (38KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4594.png
38KB, 256x256px
Hi, /g/. I need a bit of advice;
I'm a NEET who spent the last year or so getting aquatinted with networking and VMs.
Through some connections I've managed to convince some people I know my shit and now I'm doing some work for a few big companies restoring their old backup gho's to vmdk's, installing virtual machines, basic networking shit such as configuring the vm's so they communicate with automation hardware and their sql databases.

It's only a matter of time before they realize I'm a noob with no prior experience, right? I spend most of my time googling anyway. How do I keep this show on the road? How do I take it from here? If I were to write a resume I have to broaden the scope of the work some more, right? What certs do I need?

What baffles me is that these companies must have sys admins or something, why aren't they doing this work? The engineers that work at these firms keep calling me for support and it seems to me they know fuck all about basic shit.

Am I...Am I doing it right??
>>
Haha you think people in IT know jack shit they are fucking numbskulls. Complete and total retards. Most people in IT are English majors who couldn't get any jobs with their worthless degree and so tried to fake their way into a programming job. They know 2 things WordPress and WordPress plugins.
>>
Everyone makes it up as they go along
>>
>>58574455
>The engineers that work at these firms keep calling me for support and it seems to me they know fuck all about basic shit.
The engineers call you for support because they know you're the stupid one who will come down and troubleshoot stuff.

When they call the sysadmin (aka the best job in IT) he just tells them "not my field fuck off"

As for certs, RHCSA should get you covered
>>
>>58574799
>The engineers call you for support because they know you're the stupid one who will come down and troubleshoot stuff.

I'm perfectly ok with this.

>best job in IT
Is it really? Thanks, I'll see if I can fake my way into it.
>>
>>58574857
>Is it really? Thanks, I'll see if I can fake my way into it.
If you're good enough at it you automate EVERYTHING.

And after you automate EVERYTHING you have nothing else to do, just pretend youre working and watch anime/play vidya all day
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.