[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point with updates when software can be written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: blonde virgin question girl.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
blonde virgin question girl.png
267KB, 480x527px
what's the point with updates when software can be written perfectly once

are devs lazy or something?
>>
>>58573916
first time on a computer kid?
>>
>>58573916
you've clearly never made anything past "hello world"
>>
File: laughing steveo.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing steveo.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>58574054
>he can't even write hello world without bugs
Hahaha you must be fucking retarded
>>
>>58574213
>He clearly has no reading comprehsion
HAhahahahhahahha you must be fucking retarded.
>>
>>58574223
Touch a nerve, did I? :^)
>>
>>58574467
No. You obviously have no Idea about software development or coding in general.

Your thread is suited for /sqt/.
>>
>>58573916
New things, changes are not always bad. Only conservatives believe they always lead to a disaster.
>>
>>58574495
>No. You obviously have no Idea about software development or coding in general.
Coming from you I'll take that with as much salt as there is in your buttflustered posts, lol.
>>
>>58574571
The existence of this thread alone makes it clear to anyone who has written a programm longer then 100 sloc that you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>58574637
Can you stop replying seriously to a cuckposter please?
>>
>anons falling for the obvious bait
>>
>>58573916
>FUCK, i'm gonna have to go to the gynecologist after this
>>
>>58573916
bugs will be found
bugs will be fixed (probably)
rinse and repeat.
>>
>>58575600

tell that to djbDNS, a couple dozen patches in several years in early 2000s, djb is obsolete now, but compare that with the hundrerds of bind dns patches in a same period.

sometimes you gotta call it quit, and start a new, DJB got close enough for a while.
>>
what i mean is that it is indeed practical to believe in bugfree software, for targeted tasks, and requirements static enough. Basic network and OS utilities should all fall in that category.

the suckless project is likely a product of that belief

why cant there be a bugfree dns, mx, ftp, ssl? these thinfgs stay static for months/years
>>
>>58573916
>when software can be written perfectly once
But how do you prove it to be perfect?
>>
There are three types of updates, defective, maintenance, and enhancement. What you are talking about is defective updates, updates that fix issues within the software

In an ideal world, you would write code once, and you would never need to issue a defective update. This is not the case in the real world. Issues ranging from human error (which happens to everyone, even the best of us) to unforeseen "events" causing shit to break.

Even if you got rid of all the errors, and was luck enough to have your software sit in an incident free environment, you still need to think about adding new features (i.e. the enhancement updates) and also ensuring its business as usual (i.e. the maintenance update, also known as the preventive update)

hope that helps
>>
>>58573916
First:
You cannot be a good creator of anything if you truly believe you can do something that cannot be improved further.

Second:
No reasonable employer will give you the time (read: have you on a payroll) to do anything to perfection.

Third:
Shit bait, also blonde virgin
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.