[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to convert a small office from W7 Pro 64 bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to convert a small office from W7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10, but I'm hitting the same error on all of the equipment.

All machines are within ~2 years old and are decently well-equipped (lowest spec of the group is an i5-4xxx, 8gb, 256gb SSD). During the upgrade attempt, I'm presented with the error code 0xc1900200.

Most search results show this being related to the "system reserved" partition being too small (100mb default for W7). Most users report success expanding the partition to 300-500mb, but I cannot get that to work in my case. I've made multiple attempts gradually expanding more and more, as much as 1.5GB free, and still receive the same error code.

Any help?
>>
Install MacOS
>>
File: 1470910121977.png (51KB, 209x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470910121977.png
51KB, 209x450px
>>58569754
>windows
>anything working
You fell for the most popular meme
>>
Simple fix here bud.

Create a script to backup everything to NFS. Afterwords, setup the Windows 10 installer to automatically use the preferences you've selected. MSDN has the guides you need.

Now, spin up a PXE server, and upgrade them all at once.

Enjoy juicy bonus.
>>
>>58569754
>I'm trying to convert a small office from W7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10

Why?
>>
>>58569802
Why wouldn't you migrate to something that you'll probably never have to pay for again?
>>
>>58569754
What upgrade method are you using?

How many variations of the hardware is there?

What Win10 license are you using?

Why are you not using a deployment tool?
>>
>>58569754

Everyone knows you don't do in place upgrades. You're in over your head. Go back to your gender studies safe space.
>>
>>58569801
>>58569802
Hey guys I am having a big time here to whenever download classic shell or not, the start menu is driving me crazy in windows 10.

It an never ending ad collage.
>>
>>58569816

If the computers have OEM windows 7 licenses you'll never have to pay for that again.
>>
>>58569816
Do you pay for windows 7 now?http://www.pcworld.com/article/3094785/windows/yes-windows-10-subscriptions-are-coming-at-least-for-enterprise.html
>>
>>58569816

Oh you'll pay for it. Especially in production.
>>
>>58569801
Way too much work for a half dozen laptops.

>>58569802
We're looking to purchase some new software that isn't supported on W7.

>>58569821
Trying to use the upgrade assistant for assisted technology user or whatever it's called. It's a small business that refuses to pay for software. They are openly cool with pirating. Only two different hardware variations.
>>
herp derp i was doing it on a test machine with a fresh 7 install running sysprep. Turned off sysprep, went through setting up a generic account, and the upgrade seems to be making progress now.
>>
hello sir, good morning to you sir

it seems u have many malwares on your pc computer, i am a level 5 technician in windows pcs and i want to help u fix your malware problems, please enter your name, your credit card number, epiration date and cvv number on the back of the card sir

please stay online so we can connect you with a microsoft technician once the payment is finished
>>
>>58569754
Why would you willingly use Windows 10 after everything we know? And to make matters worse, you're trying to get it working in an office setting. Here's a traffic analysis of Windows 10 Enterprise:
https://archive.is/QFL8e
>>Here is the roughly 8-hour network traffic analysis of 5508 connection attempts of an unused, base install of Windows 10 Enterprise
I don't even know what to say... If you enjoy subjugating yourself, then by all means, go ahead. I just wanted to let you know that it isn't a good idea. Here's a few more sources:
https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#20b92ce52f4a
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.