[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder do all these companies fight to take over the same companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: biggest-buys-200214.jpg (38KB, 520x497px) Image search: [Google]
biggest-buys-200214.jpg
38KB, 520x497px
I wonder do all these companies fight to take over the same companies or did no one want whatsapp only facebook wanted them seems odd that facebook of all companies got it
>>
>>58568874
Whatsapp was acquired by facebook solely due to the fact that it was taking chat users away from facebook messenger. Instagram was purchased by them for the same reason. They are too large to create innovative services, so they need to purchase them to stay relevant in the industry.
>>
>>58568874
You'll notice that Microsoft used its stash of overseas money (the stuff it doesn't pay tax on) to buy Skype. That way Skype effectively cost 2/3 of what Microsoft paid.
They paid over US$6Billion for aQuantive, a deal that has been called a waste of money.
>>
WhatsApp selling for $19billion was the stupid thing I ever saw.
>>
>>58569038
not really
it's pretty massive and will only continue to be so for the time being
having direct control over communication for billions of people is massive

the only problem is facebook still has their garbage messenger in the wild

now what was truly stupid was google spending that much money on a dead brand
>>
>>58568874
Google bought motorola from lenovo?
>>
>>58568893
How can they get away with it? Arent that what antimonopoly laws are for?
>>
>>58569215
that's not how that works
>>
>>58569080
It barely has over 1B users and the mass majority of them are 3rd worlders. FB will never recoup a profit for whatapp
>>
>>58569080
>now what was truly stupid was google spending that much money on a dead brand
What are patents
>>
>>58571981
Inhibitors of innovation and progress.
>>
>>58569454
And then they gave people years of free WhatsApp before finally just making it completely free.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.